help me out

pop1000

i got a few questions

1)can i use use Skype In and out service?

(if so how would i set that up?)

2)how many people can use Direct extension dialing?

3)if i use a softphone and wanted 100-600 Agents/Operators to make calls

how would i set that up?

4)what DID company offer unlimited incoming and out going calls?

Bob

pop1000,

Your questions are very broad and no one is going to be able to give any definitive answers, or take the time to answer, only to find that is not what you meant.

However, the recommendation is that you hit google and do a bit of reading to narrow your questions down....So to be helpful, I have given you some short form answers

1)Look up google for the following terms
a) Skype Asterisk gateway
b) Skype SIP gateway

2)It depends on what you mean
a) If you are talking about people calling a real phone number and arriving directly at an extension then as many extensions as you like, as long as you have DID (most providers will charge for each DID they provide you with)
b) If you are talking about 1 DID, and then allow callers to dial and extension directly while in an IVR, unlimited

3) Setup each softphone as an extension, just make sure your PBX hardware can handle the call rate.

4) Pretty well most of them....
just show them the colour of your money, and they will provision their system accordingly. If your thinking of signing up for an account with 1 DID, many will only allow you to handle a couple of concurrent calls. Outgoing, similar deal, even though it is beneficial for them to allow you more outgoing lines, many restrict it to allow them to plan for Capacity. For this reason, you will find that many will do it, with costs, and usually with direct discussions, so that they can provision the service correctly.

Just another point, handling 100 concurrent calls on a VoIP service requires at least a 7Mb Synchronous Internet connection, usually best with a 1:1 contention ratio. They don't come cheap.

Like many other posts of this type, your plan appears a little ambitious, especially with the level of the questions you have asked. You need to spend a lot more time understanding the technology first with a basic concept system, taking the time to understand each part and the effect it will have on what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Bob

pop1000

thank you kind sir,:cheer:

Chilling_Silence

It almost sounds like you've "heard" VoIP is cool and you can "DIY", so you're now trying to build a call-center.

Try starting smaller and working your way up. A small business with 2-3 lines perhaps would be a good place to start. The rest will all become clear from you there :)

As Bob mentioned, Google is your friend ;)

pop1000

thax,but what im trying to do is start a voice mail and party line chat system.If i can make each softphone a extension and let people call each other on the same line.That would work great!

But i can't find any DID provider with out going unlimited calling plans.I have a comcast internet business account (Download Speed: 16132 kbps/Upload Speed: 2552 kbps and 5 static IPs)But they don't offer DIDs.

i would need 5-10 world wide DIDs with unlimited in and out calling plans.

Chilling_Silence

I'd suggest then that you download the elastix system, and try it yourself. I'm not sure but the Conference facility may be of use to you .. ?

An upload speed 2.5m/bit should get you 50 iLBC calls over a PPPoA or PPPoE connection: http://site.asteriskguide.com/bandcalc/bandcalc.php

Again, I'm not entirely sure you've explained yourself fully or in enough detail though. The forum search & Google are your friends ;)

pop1000

voice mail******

i will give each person their own extension (000-000-000 ext 111

someone calls and leaves a message.the person with extension can call in check the message.

party line************

i will make each softphone into a extension.

each person with a extension can call each other

(000-000-000 ext 111 calls 000-000-000 ext 222)

if i have a DID from china,usa,and brazil they should beable to talk to each other on the network. correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti