[HELP]Front Panel Operator with ZAP channels

Discussion in 'General' started by lostdrifter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. lostdrifter

I just replaced our company's 15 year old PBX with an elastix appliance. I noticed that on the FOP, all my analog lines just display on the screen with there extension numbers but I couldn't do anything such as monitoring activities, initiated call etc. I added a SIP extension and all the features of FOP are available on my SIP extension. Is it normal? Do FOP does not support zap channels? An advance thanks for any assistance.

2. danardf

3. lostdrifter

Thanks for the reply. Above instructions didn't solve my problem. I have two scenarios. In FOP1, my zap/dahdi channels are being displayed but I can't monitor there status as to busy or inactive. I've created 1 sip extension and I can monitor it with no problem. 2nd scenario, I successfully installed FOP2, but what is shown in the panel is my sip extension only. I manually created the buttons by modifying the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh and inserting these:

echo "[ZAP/146]"
    echo "type=extension"
    echo "extension=606"
    echo "context=from-internal"
    echo "label=MIS"
    echo "mailbox=606@default"
    echo "extenvoicemail=*606@from-internal"

The button was shown but no monitoring of status. Do FOP1/FOP2 capable of monitoring status of zap/dahdi channels?