Help Find my Server:))

Artush

Last night I have installed my 1st elastix server, everything all right, but I hevn`t DHCP server and want to setup static IP. I tiped <Setup> as written in instruction, but there is not <Network configuration>. Answear please, how I can setup static IP?

dicko

Try

yum -y install system-config-network-tui
setup

it should be there then

Artush

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cashed hostfile
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirror ... &arch=i386 error was
[Errno 4] IOError: ,urlopen error (-3, Temporary failure in name resolution}>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: epel

I thik the error is that server cannot connect to internet, bat I cannot set internet IP settings without network configuration.

Sorry if anything is wrong, I`m new in linux:)

dicko

Sorry, can't help you being new, but if your current dhcp server doesn't give out a valid name server you will have to edit /etc/resolv.conf and add a line

nameserver <valid name server>

but the only editor you have is vi and you are new here. . .
hmm

try:

echo "nameserver 4.2.2.1" >> /etc/resolv.conf

and try over

Artush

Thank you very much, it`s now working:)

ramoncio

I think at least one nameserver should be set at the initial install.
What's wrong with vi? X-D

Artush

Last week I have tried Trixbox, and there wasn`t nessesary of internet connection during instalation process. After instalation I setup static IP easily. I haven`t DHCP server in my network. I disided that in Elastix it is same.
For solving problem I setup DHCP server in my Win2003 server & connected Elastix to that server. After instalation from internet I had <network configuration> in the panel :)

dicko

ramoncio said:
I think at least one nameserver should be set at the initial install.
What's wrong with vi? X-D
greetings Ramon:

FWIW:
Also missing IMHO are system-config-network-tui, rsync, mc, nano, iptraf, bind-utils, jwhois and dnsmasq asap to add basic missing functionality, as the assumption that there is a functional DHCP server by Elastix is a little restrictive, and the lack of effective diagnostic and correctional tools is a PITA.

Although I agree that there is nothing "wrong" ;) with vi, (and for the edification of those who have never had to use it), it is a little confusing for poor old windows users who are used to Word in all it's dysfunctionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz