Help Extension Provision

Discussion in 'General' started by tknman0700, Oct 9, 2010.

1. tknman0700

I am just installing a site with SPA941 devices. I have commonly used Polycom devices so this is a bit new.

I have Elastix 2.0.2 running.
    It is DHCP server.
    I have use endpoint discovery and set a few extensions.
    I factory reset the phones.
    The phones are on the latest FW.

When the phones boot they have zero config on them. Is there something special I need to do to get the phones to pull their config? Does the built in DHCP server in elastix set the option 66 for the phones?

Please help or Ill have to manually config each phone.

Thanks

2. Lee Sharp

The DHCP server in Elastix should set option 66 (next server) for you. But just to try, go into the config and set the tftp server manually, and see if it "finds it." Also, put the latest firmware for your phones in the /tftpboot directory, as an upgrade can fix a LOT of issues. You may want to reverse the order to see which one fixes it.

3. tknman0700

I am running most recent version of fw on my phones.
    I am unable to telnet to 192.168.3.6 on port 69 so this tells me there is something that is wrong here.

I dont know my way around Linux well at all but can follow directions..

4. tknman0700

Good news I can tftp from the server so I know it is running.... seems the Linksys phones just dont care about the option 66 or something.

5. tknman0700

I just manually config'd all the phones.
    Makes no sense and is royal pain but tftp is running on the server and the option is in dhcpd.conf so I am at a loss as to why the phones will not provision themselves.

I have see a few references to how to setup provision on the linksys phones using $MAC or $MA in the string but neither seemed to work.