HELP!! Can't Create E-Mail Account

Discussion in 'General' started by michael880308, Aug 6, 2010.

1. michael880308

Hi
    I just installed the Elastix 2.0 and try to set up the mail server as I did in 1.6, but when I try to add an account, it tells me an error that " IMAP login error " and won't continue! I activated the email dashboard in the "System" page, it says that "IMAP: Connection Error," seems like the same problem, I run the postfix check command, no error detected.

Also when I try to delete a domain, I clicked the "Delete" button but nothing happens!?

Does anyone has solutions for these? Why can it work in 1.6 but not 2.0?!

Best Regards
    Michael Lu

2. geobina

Same Problem for me elastix 2.0 stable

3. dicko

Unfortunately Elastix 2.0 (stable) was in fact only considered stable for two days, and even then only by a very few involved, try upgrading to 2.0.1 (which IMHO is still not actually stable), PLEASE file a bug report in the bug-tracker at the bottom of this page, maybe someone will listen, but then again, maybe not :)

regards

dicko

4. vkacisco

Go to folder /var/www/html/configs edit file email.conf.php - change HOST to 'lo' - it works:)

5. dicko

And if that works effectively vkacisco , then it remains a bug, please file it and its resolution for the sake of everyone else.

thank you

dicko

6. vkacisco

Continue of trouble - it create accounts, but i can`t login to imap..Any ideas?

7. vkacisco

Continue - i changed system name from system to system.ru in Network Network parameters - now i also can`t create account with any interface, and also i can`t login to imap from cyradm. What i need to change in config?

8. dmanghani

I have been using Elastix 2.0.1 since it was made awaiable. All the modules are working well except the email section. I can use postfix as pop3 & imap bu itself. The webmail module of elastix also works partly ie if i login as user only it works. but a user@abc.com gives imap error. cannot create any account you get imap error:
    Maillog reports sucess for login of user, for user@abc.com gives imap: badlogin ....plaintext cyrus SASL(-13) authentication failure check pass failed
    Messages gives imap : auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied sql_select option missing no mechanism availabe.

9. nick.smith

I too am experiencing the same issue. Any ideas for a workaround? I tried the ones listed above, but with no luck.

10. dicko

To my knowledge, it is apparently an ongoing bug in 2.0.? and in MHO a very serious one, to this point in time it is unacknowledged by PaloSanto, there will be no work around until PaloSanto fixes it, please post your concern in the bug-tracker link available below, until you (and everyone else) does, it won't be fixed, the developers just don't come here, you are basically unheard until you add you voice to the many who have this problem. Any bitches and whines are just wasted in these fora, as I have suggested before, nobody from PaloSanto cares to monitor these fora, go figure . . .

(you are not the only one)

(Bob, did you read this (I assume so) ?, you intrinsically put yourself here. . . , but I'm glad you are back ;) your diplomacy is sorely needed)

dicko

11. dmanghani

I just reinstalled the whole system, started named and presto i could make and delete email accounts, the system is working well since the l0 days

12. Terry

even i follw this
    Go to folder /var/www/html/configs edit file email.conf.php - change HOST to 'lo'
    But still error message on Elastix 2.0.2 ;IMAP login error:

13. Terry

even i follw this
    Go to folder /var/www/html/configs edit file email.conf.php - change HOST to 'lo'

14. Terry

even i follw this

15. Terry

even i follw this

16. morrishong

i just installed elastix 2.0 and yum updated.
    I am having same trouble ...

17. geobina

Hi all,

After installing a fresh copy of elastix 2.0 i made these changes for my email to work:

1- I change the host name under network parameters to "server1.example.com"
    2- From webmin i remove the line "virtdomains: yes" from etc/imapd.conf
    3- I create an email domain "example.com" plus the email domain that i am going to use it for example "mydomain.org"
    4- I create mailboxes under "mydomain.org" without any errors
    5- From webmin i add the line "virtdomains: 1"

So simple, I am using now my email server without any errors from webmail and from Microsoft outlook

Good luck

Geobina

18. Lee Sharp

Oh, now that is wonderfully intuitive. :) And only requires installing one additional package! I am so glad my e-mail is on another box, as I would still call that a major bug.

19. nick.smith

After editing /etc/hosts, I was able to resolve this issue.

Below are the contents of my /etc/hosts:

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
    # that require network functionality will fail.
    127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain
    ::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

I have updated the bug tracker as well.
    http://bugs.elastix.org/view.php?id=382

20. XChris

In Elastix 2.0.3 all the problems are still there... Imap Erros + cannot delete domains. I tried everything with no luck. Is this a solved bug, I do not think so. I believe I should go back to 1.5.2 when all worked like charm...