hello would like to knowwhat do you think about

j99991

http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/Feature.doc the next appliance's features. is it stong enough to make 30 concurrent calls and putting elastix and asterisk on it nad using all the elastix features.

the 1 i'm talking aobut is the one with the atom processor.

thanks
j99991

j99991

i really need your help.
the system is based on an elastix and freepbx systems and has a linux in it. we would like to know if the system is strong enough to make 30-35 concurrent calls and to recored conversations in high quality.
would the processors of atom 1.6 would be enough?
we now also have an option of xorcom's xr1000 which has the via eden. i do not know but i think it's a bit strongless and it also have only 512 mb ram with 667 mhz.
answers could help us alot since we would like to have an elastix pbx system.

thank you
j99991

Chilling_Silence

A couple of things:
1) It costs next to nothing to buy an Atom board, best you do-so yourself and test your specific configuration before selling it as a product, thats just really not clever ... Test it with things like transcoding, under load, while doing backups, playing MoH, playing IVR menus etc
2) It should do 30 calls
3) Transcoding calls will probably throw that number out the window
4) Video calling could also affect it, even just a single video call *might* ...
5) No point in having 16GB Ram "available" in a 32-bit system, it wont use it and its a terrible waste! Any semi-decent IT guru worth his salt will see that also and ask "Oh are you running 64-bit OS", if you reply honestly with "Nope" then they'll know you have no idea what you're doing or talking about.

Seriously, no disrespect, but reading through you other posts it sounds like you need to do a *lot* more homework before you go out to market with a product, the last thing this world needs is VoIP offerings from people claiming they know what they're talking about when they dont.
Do your research, do your homework, spend a few months working with it in a few small test environments ... but most of all, USE the product! Buy an Atom board and actually do the tests ;)

j99991

thank you for you answers.
i understand know that the frollowing process of atom could let me make 30 concurrent calls. however, i guess you didn't totaly understand an imporatnt thing. i'm not looking to sell anything but to buy. this product was offered to me from a company in israel as an elastix pbx.
i just wanted to make sure that thos component could acctually the pbx's capabilities.
there are still several questions i would like to ask.
1. i didn't really understand answer 3. what did you mean in this answer?
2. could the correcty atom based configuration be able to make 30 concurrent calls using gsm or g729 in good quality?
3. could the specific configuration will be able to recoird 30 calls in a high quality?
4. if you look again there should also be a specification for another configuration for the same elastix pbx. this product is based on a better processor. i would like to ask if that configuration could be able to give me 60 concurrent calls from local and from remote sip phone which will be at another place and will be connected to the appliance by 2 sbox 1 at each place and also to allow remote calls from cellphones from remote wifi hot spots? and will it allow to record 60 concurrent calls in a high quality?
4. i was also offered from another company which is xoircom which is another company from israel the configuration of a 512 ram with 667 mhz and a via eden processor. i though that those component are very poor and would not be able to support 30 concurrent calls and high quality recordings of conversations. however, the representative and the ceo was trying to give make me think that this kind of a configuration is strong enopugh. since i do not know what is strong enough for these kind of requirments and what's not i would like to ask you what do you think about them will they be \enough or suffecient for my needs to make 30 concurrent calls and high quality recordings?

i hope i could find answers to those questions here cause i do not know where to find answers for them. another thing the via eden system is based on elastix 2.

thank you
j99991

Chilling_Silence

If they're selling you the box, would they not be good people to ask ?

j99991

well....
generally that's correct since they are the one to configure and sell it i should be asking them . but you know just in case i would like to verify and have other's opinions 2. plus not all the companies give you the acctual information...
so .. i'm still asking for yours and other's opinions.

thanks
j99991

Chilling_Silence

Benchmarking requires somebody else has identical hardware & setup. I have no idea what else they're running on the box so cant comment 100% accurately, not to mention other factors such as transcoding affect the limits.
If they say it does 30, take their word for it, you have no alternative really. If you reach 29 and it cant do a 30th call, then sue them over it or something :p

j99991

ok.. if it helps the system run a linux os which the company got it configured and elastix ip pbx that's it.
but generally the above configuration are strong or good enough in order to ahve 5 local 7 remote phones and 3 softphones and 3 softphones which will be installed on cellhpones?
again they are making use of an atom processor and 1gb ram 800mhz though they could put some more.

thanks
j99991

Chilling_Silence

Elastix is a complete OS and preconfigured software, so we already figured it was running Linux.
You are obviously not an expert, so what makes you think you're in a position to comment that the system they're selling you is underpowered?
If you dont trust the company selling you the system, go find another one .. either that, or take their word for it that they've tested their system and would tell you if it was uncapable of doing what you want.

IF you dont trust them, you shouldnt be going with that provider, simple as that!

j99991

ok understood
however first of all again i do not know but this was just a question had and wanted to make sure of t and thus asked you regarcding the processor and if it's good enough for the specified needs.
2. this question was asked after i have contacted another appliance provider. xorcom. in thier site it says that appliance is able to record calls , however when i called and asked they told me that the recording ability is not so much good with the processor they have in thier appliance and if i use it it may work but no have a goodwuality recordings. because of that i started having some doubts regarding the other applince which i asked of. and since i had an experience with a company that didn't gave the full information i just wanted to ask if here cause here people do not have any interest of selling me an applince ... right? lol

and if i understand that correctly the elastix system comes with linux inside.
thanks.
j99991

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti