Hello from Cape Town

Discussion in 'General' started by portcullis, Oct 15, 2008.

1. portcullis

Greetings!

Since this is my first post, let me quickly introduce myself. The name is Eben from Cape Town, South Africa. I work for an ISP and we've decided to branch into voip with the result that I've ended up being stuck in my office for the past few days looking at various flavours of asterisk.

I've settled on Elastix, but coming from a M$ background, the questions are many and varied. So far I've managed to configure the box, a couple of IP phones and a couple of softphones, then I installed the G729 codec and connected to our VOIP provider on South Africa. The first place where I got stuck was incoming calls from out VOIP provider in the UK showing up in the logs as "s" - but that's for later.

Seems I'm not the first person with this [url http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/in ... m-sip-call]problem[/url]...

I'd also appreciate some help in "hardening" the machine as I've set up NAT so that it can be accessed from the outside world.

There's also this error message in the asterisk logs...
    Oct 15 00:10:23 DEBUG [2510] dns.c: No matches found in DNS for _sip._udp.sip99.telfreesa.com
    Needless to say, there's nothing wrong with the DNS server.

My immediate need though is to work out how to connect a Nokia N80 to the Elastix box. I've checked the settings to the best of my ability, but the phone just says "Registration Failed", so this is what I need help with first.

The settings for the account in Elastix are as per the attachment. Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks
    Eben

2. portcullis

3. justconnect

Hello Eben

Also from SA - JHB in my case. Trying to set up Elastix for the first time and battling a bit. Are you willing to give me a few pointers? If so, please buzz me on 0113171908 or mail me scott+elastix@justconnect.co.za. Thks a lot...

4. rafael

Hi Elastix folks from South Africa :D,

Nice to have you in the forum and hope that you can stay long around and became part of our community :D.

Please post a new thread for each of your questions and with the subject related for that. It would be easier for people from the community to give you support.

Also remember to take a look to "Elastix Without Tears" book in the download area.

Regards from Ecuador,

Rafael