HDLC Receiver overrun on channel...

Discussion in 'General' started by haywoodcox, Aug 27, 2010.

1. haywoodcox

Hi all expert,

We have a HDLC receive overrun issue for a new installed system.

It is similar case as http://bbs.openvox.cn/viewthread.php?ti ... nel&page=2

I am having the exactly same problem in a new installed elastix PBX. The circuit keep restarting and the console keep have that overrun message.

Our system is Elastix 2.0.1 with Asterisk 1.6.2.10

We have replaced the Dell motherboard, riser card, openvox D110E card.
    I have also downgraded the libpri from version downgrade from 1.4.11.3-0 to 1.4.11.-0
    I have actually have the carrier change the modem card, and their bert test is normal, even I plug in a loopback, I could see the circuit is keep restarting.

Console log:
    Connected to Asterisk 1.6.2.10 currently running on shhkdvpx01 (pid = 3370)
    Verbosity was 4 and is now 6
    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
    -- Restart on requested on entire span 1
    shhkdvpx01*CLI>
    Disconnected from Asterisk server
    Executing last minute cleanups
    [root@shhkdvpx01 tftpboot]#

Asterisk log:
    Aug 27 19:08:37 NOTICE [3576] chan_dahdi.c: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1
    Aug 27 19:08:37 NOTICE [3576] chan_dahdi.c: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1

One thing I also discovered whenever I have incoming call to the voicemail through the PSTN, the quality is very bad and full of noise. But if internal call within the office, quality is fine.

I have ran dahdi_test, the result is always over 99.9%

I want to downgrade to libpri 1.4.10.2 but there is no more that package in elastix-base.

Could anyone show me how could I do that? Thanks.

2. dicko

3. haywoodcox

Hi Dicko,

Thanks for your suggestion. As mentioned above, I was able to yum downgrade to 1.4.11-0, however I want to further downgrade to 1.4.10.2, but this version is not on the elastix repo when you perform a yum list libpri, the oldest is 1.4.11-0 only.

I have tried to download the tar.gz from Asterisk and make install. But it seems didn't load at all.

Please could you suggest how can do yum install libpri version 1.4.10.2 on the elastix base.

Thanks.

4. dicko

5. haywoodcox

Thanks Dicko,

So that mean I can still use Elastix 2.0 interface but only load the libpri 1.4.10.2 rpm?
    Actually is libpri 1.4.10.2 not been tested under Elastix 2.0 environment?

Do you have a 64bit version?

6. dicko

Elastix/FreePBX basically sits on top of Asterisk, LibPri and Dahdi and other hardware channel drivers sit on top of Asterisk.

These all have have independent existences, and within reason co-exist over quite a span, version to version, the low level interfaces rarely changes.

That being said, Elastix provide rpm's for some of the above, some hardware is "patched" into these rpm's An SVN build from scratch would not support non-conforming hardware, (read non-mainstream clones).

If you keep within these Elastix repositories you are probably safer than compiling from svn source code as unfortunately for you your hardware manufacturer has cared not to comply to Asterisk code discipline as the real guys have, and you will have to wait until China decides to support the platform you have chosen.

If you want other compiled rpms, start of at

http://repo.elastix.org/elastix/

and follow your nose

when it comes to testing , sorry, that will have to be you, or other folks with the same problem, who had to go off the beaten track to get their hardware supported.

dicko

7. haywoodcox

The HDLC alert message clear now after I replaced with another model of Openvox T1 card D115E. Seems like there is compatibility issue between Openvox D110E with Dell R310.

8. roots

haywoodcox / dicko,

I have a Dell R310 and a D110E card and I am currently having yellow alarm issues. Is there really a compatibility issue here?

The led on the d110e stays green but periodically goes red for a few seconds and then turns green again. this cycle basically continues.

Can you help?

network side is a mobile operator.

span settings are as follows:

span=1,1,1,ccs,hdb3,CRC4

Thanks much

9. dicko

I would double check your signaling/framing/crc provisioning with your carrier. Have them ABSOLUTELY confirm their provisioning as "ccs,hdb3,CRC4" the crc can spoil your whole day.

(personally I would throw your POS knocked of hardware crap away, and get a real one, remember YGWYPF )

10. roots

Dicko,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will confirm with the operator today and let you know.

Btw, to isolate the operator, yesterday I tried a physical loopback on my end, i.e. had the rx lines connect to tx lines (pin 1 -> pin 4, pin 2 -> pin 5).

tried these two settings
    span = 1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
    span = 1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

Still got the YEL alarms and also noticed the D channels going up and down. Am I doing something wrong here with this loopback test?

Also what hardware would you recommend?

Thanks much for the prompt reply

11. dicko

No, you got that right, you did a physical loop-back but the lower levels failed.

span = 1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
    span = 1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

shows span 1 as the master clock ( 0 ), span 2 as the slave ( 1 ). the driver should sort the rest out.

Now the problem is with either the hardware or the driver seeing as both are unaccepted "hacks" by digium, you will have to wait for Lisa and Joe or one of them "techs" to patch your system to suit them , sorry.

Digium, Rhino or Sangoma hardware cards will always make your day go easier.

dicko

12. roots

Geez, hope it is the drivers. A hardware problem would be costly for me as we need the system running tomorrow for a call center.

What specific drivers would you suggest i look at? dahdi? libpri? would help to know as I can ask the openvox guys if there are any updates.

Thanks

13. dicko

Unfortunately, your hardware is not supported by the mainstream drivers.

I have no interest in this hardware sorry.

dicko