Hardware requirements

Discussion in 'General' started by rashed, Dec 17, 2010.

1. rashed

Dear all,

I heared alot about Elastix and i wish that i can start my first project with this greate product .
    I am planning to establish PBX and call center in my company and i would like to knew the complet Hardware requirements listfor the same , my scenario is as follow :
    1- No of Staff using Digital phones approx 25 and expenable.
    2- No of staff using the Analog phones approx 30+
    3- Call center staff will be 15 user will use the SIP software.
    4- concurent outgoing calls will be 10 max
    5- concurrent incomming calls will 15 for call center and 10 for operator
    6- I am having desktop computer wiht the following configuration :
    Core 2 Quad processor 2.4 , 8 GB RAM , 2* 500 GB HDD , PCIE port
    7- I have now ready E1 line.
    now what is left for me ? which E1 card i need and how the PBX digital , analog and call center SIP phones will be connected is it directly to the switch or i need another hardware and what else i need?

appriciates your cooperation and assistant .

thank you and B . regards

Rashed

2. andyshawn

Rashed,

The specs that you listed for the server is Good. I hope it has free a PCI or PCI express slot to accomodate the Digital Telephone Interface Card which you will need to terminate your E1 connection.
    I recommend the Digium TE122. You can visit digium website and buy it there.
    Digital Phones - You have a lot of options here. If you are on a tight budget, then you can get some grandstream phones. If you need higher quality, then you can get some Linksys SPA 941, which is a good low cost phone. You wont be disappointed.
    If you have money to spend, then you can go for some top end phones, like Polycom SoundPoint IP 670 or the Snom 820.

3. andyshawn

The digital phones will connect directly to your network switches, so no additional hardware need there.

The analog phones will however require an adapter. I recommend the Linksys SPA2102, which can connect up to two analog phones, which you can then assign extensions which will allow them to make/receive calls.

The SIP phones are free. I recommend Xlite, which can run on all OS. No additional hardware needed for that to work.

I already explained the E1 card. IF you need further clarification, let us know.

4. Lee Sharp

5. rashed

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your kind assistant . it really clarified my doubt.
    I will be using Intel Chipset Mother board as per your recommendation Mr. Lee
    Now as per my understanding , that i will need only one E1 PCI / PCIExpress to be installed in my computer and all the Phones will be connected to the switch (Digigal, SIP and Analog).
    Note : for Analog i will need an Adapter to convert from RJ45 - RJ11.
    till now things are clear next is if i got E1 line which is 30 channel how i can seprate the call center lines (Incomming and outgoing) and Truck lines Incomming and outgoing)
    also can i setup the call center music and office closing hours and timeings for that ? and PBX auto answer and disa ?
    one more point : where i will configure the extention nos? in the server or in the Phones it self ?
    last : if i am connecting two PBX in two differnet locations or countries through the Internet connection what will be the requirement (Hardware + software)for the same ?
    thank you and in advance
    regards

Rashed

6. Lee Sharp

This may depend on how your T1 is provisioned. Either way, it can be configured in Elastix by DID or Trunk.
    Yes. Just takes time.
    All configuration takes place on the server. You can even provision the phones from the server if they are the right phones, and you have the right DHCP server.
    Two Elastix boxes, and low latency INTERNET between them. And time.... Lots of time...

7. gabi_cavaller

Lee, why is there so much time required in order to link both of the boxes together?

Thanks,

G.