Hardware Requirements Elastix for 1300 phones

Msngod

Hi,

I want to use Elastix within a enterprise environment with 1300 IP Phones.

Which hardware requirements do you think that a system need to support the 1300 IP phones.

The budget for the server is $15000 dollar.

Please can you let me know what you think?

Thanks for your answer!

fmvillares

one question...ond please take it with all due respect....if you need to install a 1300 ip phones system u need a real expert...if u even dont know which server or hardware specs use how to expecto to achieve that goal? could u give some more details.? which country do you have the infraestructure to implement this? the know how? etc

netaires

Msngod

Thanks for your reply

I know much about the VoIP aspect, but about the requirements is installed by Cisco. We got the hosted VoIP solution of Cisco System right know. We want to move to our in house VoIP PBX. I want to test it with Elastix first. Everything we need it is in Elastix and for free!

The infrastructure is alreday ready We only need the to setup Elastix. We use the Cisco IP Phone G941 at the moment. the codec is G.711a. It is only for one location, not for branch offices.

If you need more info, feel free to ask!

Msngod

Thanks for your reply, we do not need 10,000 simultaneous calls. The number of simultaneous 400 calls at the peak

dicko

fmvillares

yeap and sorry men i dont like this at all as u dont understadn clearly the concepts....
"Everything we need it is in Elastix and for free" yeap but it s not free....its open source mainly as all stuff included is also open source...
nothing is for free as u need to have extensive knowledge and support to run such a system with confidence and success...and sorry but if this is a trial to get into voip and then test a chisco crap manager i wont get into this

Msngod

Thats not what I meant. We have at the moment a cisco callmanger for all our locations in the Netherlands.

We want to test the Elastix open source software for one loacation right know, if that works oke we will use elastix for all our locations over the Netherlands. If we get the board crazy enough we will use it worldwide for our offices. The board is looking at costsavings, so from that point I said it is for free.

Our team will also test the system en develop new feature and extensions for elastix, and sure we will distribute the extensions we made for elastix for free.

Msngod

Thanks for you reply, I can definitly use this!

dicko

For your deployment, I suggest your bigger problem will be fail-over of hardware and internet routing, look into sticking a proxy or two in front of some Asterisk boxes running in HA mode with drbd/pacemaker and also investigate BGP.

1300 pissed of users really spoils your day.

fmvillares

remember also that in every asterisk PBX evolution (the heart of elastix distro) new improvements are made that can make more features available and more performance also

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13