hang up problem if the call arrived in a queue

Discussion in 'General' started by unikbit, Jan 31, 2009.

1. unikbit

Hello,

I have configured elastix 1.3.2 to take inbound calls using IVR.
    So:

- 1 openvox card with 4 ports 400P
    - I have 2 analog lines
    - Elastix configuration:
    I have created 2 IVR for each analog lines.
    Example: Welcome to call center, for english press1 for french pres 2 and form here the calls go to queues English queue, French Queue.
    - Also I have seteed up static agents for evrery of this queue. Because I have bilingual agents they are in more than one queue.

Below are settings of the queues

[101]
    announce-frequency=15
    monitor-join=yes
    periodic-announce-frequency=0
    queue-callswaiting=silence/1
    queue-thereare=silence/1
    queue-youarenext=silence/1
    retry=5
    strategy=ringall
    timeout=15
    monitor-format=wav
    wrapuptime=0
    announce-holdtime=no
    eventmemberstatus=no
    eventwhencalled=no
    joinempty=no
    leavewhenempty=yes
    maxlen=0
    member=Local/3001@from-internal/n,0
    member=Local/3000@from-internal/n,0
    member=Local/3003@from-internal/n,0
    member=Local/3004@from-internal/n,0

The problem is if a call arrive in a queue and the caller hangup before to be taken by an agent, the call stay in queue for a long time.

How can I setup the call to stop when the caller hangup. Because if the call stay in queue reports are not good atall.

Thanks,

2. dicko

I don't believe its anything to do with the queues, it probably happens on all calls.

A common problem for asterisk and for that matter any automated answering device, is detecting hangup if the telco doesn't provide a disconnect signal on the analog line.

Best solution is to get the telco to add it if possible, usually they will say they can't or just wont.

So the next best solution is to modify your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file and uncomment/modify the busydetect and busycount lines. this will detect the "busy" tone that the telco sends, it will usually cut your hang time to about 30 seconds. don't be too agressive with the busycount or you will get unwanted hangups during normal conversations.

3. ramoncio

Here in Spain, using Telefonica analog lines, we use answeronpolariryswitch=yes and hanguponpolariryswitch=yes in zapata.conf, instead of busydetect and busycount. This is because Telefonica uses polatity switches as a disconnect signal. Busydetect and busycount sometimes does not work perfect.
    Check with your telco provider if they use polarity switches there. Otherwise try busydetect and busycount as dicko pointed out.

4. fabianus

Hello all !

I am fighting since several month with a problem that is related to this hangup topic I suppose.

Let me explain :

I have a call center with a queue (on Elastix 1.3-2). Everything works fine, untill a 'phantom call' (got this from here : http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/us ... ion-server) remains in the queue and does not go away anymore. What happens is that from this moment (oncer there is a phantom call in the queue) no more calls are put through to the agents (which are set as static agents in the freepbx interfac). Meaning that there could be 10 clients waiting in the queue, but none of the agents will ring ...

Now in the mentioned post I am asking at the end how to hangup this phantom call.
    But this thread is interesting, as could help to avoid such phantom calls (which appear I think when someone hangsup but the system doesn't detect it).

But what would be even MORE INTERESTING: why this ***** queue (excuse-me, month of terror with this **** queue makes me sick ;-) doesn't do its job, once there is a phantom call inside.

I hope you understand my problem (and frustration :) and could give me some advice to get this problem fixed.

Thanks for any help !

Regards,
    Fabianus

5. fabianus

here is some additional information on this issue :

in fact what happens is that at some moment an agent gets a call where the person already hungup and once the agent hangsup himself the queue is blocked (meaning that the phantom call is not kicked out from the queue and hinders the other waiting callers to come through).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Fabianus

6. fabianus

Hello guys !

This problem appeared with all Elastix dist. that I used (1.2, 1.3 and 1.5).
    BUT it does not happen with Asterisk Now 1.5. But how could this be ? It is also based on Asterisk 1.4 and PBX 2.5.

I really would appreciate very very much some feedback on this problem ! Since more than a year I am on this, and I am too weak to get it solved on my own :-(

Thanks for any help !

Regards,
    Fabianus

7. asepulveda

I have the same problem but only with analog lines , with digital lines the problem does not presents, i use astribank solution to connect the analog lines , i think the problem is that the asterisk have a delay on detecting that the analog line have been hang down , so it dosent take out the call from the queue , if you configure the busydetect option this still happening if the call is the next in queue and is answred before the asterisk detect the busy tone the asterisk will distribute the call to the agents and when an agent take the call will hear a busy tone.

8. ramoncio

Hi Augusto,
    I also use an Astribank 2/6 for demos. But here in Spain Telefonica changes polarity, so hangup detection is perfect.
    You can try a lower busycount value and the hangup will be detected earlier.
    Have a look at this interesting article, it might also help you:

http://medellinasterisk.blogspot.com/20 ... logas.html

9. ramoncio

10. asepulveda

Oh Thanks ramoncito , i will take a look to this links, i let you know my results.

regards

11. asepulveda

Ramoncito, i take a look to the database you send me and i found that in spain you have 425/200, 0/200 for busy tone , and in mexico we use 425/250, 0/250 too , so here we use polatity switches as a disconnect signal too , rigth?
    so i should comment bussycount and bussydetect lines and add answeronpolariryswitch=yes and hanguponpolariryswitch=yes in zapata.conf???

thanks for your help
    rewards

12. ramoncio

No.
    The tones have nothing to do with polarity reversals.
    You can easily detect if your telco does polarity reversals with a polimeter in the line. Then try to receive a call, and the polarity in the two wires should change.
    Some telcos offer polarity reversals as an extra, you have to pay a little more to have this service. Ask your telco.

13. ramoncio

If you enable higest debug level, you should also see the polarity changes in your asterisk logs.