Handset dilema

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by yesmat, Nov 5, 2010.

1. yesmat

Hi all,

Every time we do an install we come to the same dilema again and again, which IP phones should we use.

This time is no different. But this time we are doing a 70 extension installation and would like to make sure it runs smooth without any hickups or complaints. I am not talking about features.

Can any one advice which handsets are now fully compliant with Elastix 1.6 and/or 2.0 and operate without any issues (if they are deployed correctly)

1- Yealink, some people complain that BLF on these phones doesn't work properly.

2- Cisco SPA5xx, not really too much feedback on those (i believe they are the best value for money, but knowing that they are the old Linksys range with a new sticker makes me slightly at edge)

3- Aastra, we have used these quite a bit in the past and they seem to be ok especially with XML script. But the buttons have a rubbery feeling to them and users don't like that. They are also expensive.

4- Polycom, never used these before and not sure about them.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. yesmat

Any one?

3. andyshawn

I would recommend the LinksysSPA941.
    I use them in a network with over 40 users and they all have this phone and i don't have any complaints about call quality and the price is affordable.

4. yesmat

These Linksys phones are the same as the cisco SPA500 new phones.

I guess what you are saying means that we can use SPA500 then.