H E L P ! firefox from command line, H O W ????

Discussion in 'General' started by miketheman, Oct 25, 2007.

1. miketheman

I am new to this forum and i need your help
    i am installing elastix 0.8.5. everything went well.
    At the reboot, right after ROOT and password, after it writes "for access to the elastix GUI, use this URL http 192.168.0.106
    i am asked for [root@elastix~]#
    i managed to download firefox. NOW, please tell me how to start firefox from a command line. I tried inputing directly http://192.168.0.106 but i am told that i cannot verify the security certificates for that site.
    HOw do i go around this.
    There must be someone on this forum that can help me

Thanks

Mike<br><br>Post edited by: miketheman, at: 2007/10/29 07:14

2. hetii

Re:firefox from command line, H O W ????

Hello - welcome to ours community :)

first be sure that 192.168.0.106 is still your IP. (if you wondering where system store network settings you can look at here: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/)
    [ifcfg-ethx where x is your network card number]

Then put them on any web browser(he ask did you accept elastix certificate - type yes) then you should see elastix login page - default Login is admin and password palosanto.

3. miketheman

Thanks for the answer.

Id love to start the browser first, but i can't. If i type the url directly it tells me it cannot verify the security certificates but does not give me the option to accept them. This is all in command line mode, i never saw firefox at all. I tried with well known sites: www.google.com for instance and had similar results. Please tell me how to start the browser, i might be able to chance it's settings after opening it.

4. MailSouth

Miketheman,
    I don't think you can actually run the firefox browser from the command line. You need to go to another computer, open up a browser and put in 192.168.0.106 (the ip of you elastix box) That should get you to where you're trying to go.