H E L P ! firefox from command line, H O W ????

miketheman

I am new to this forum and i need your help
i am installing elastix 0.8.5. everything went well.
At the reboot, right after ROOT and password, after it writes "for access to the elastix GUI, use this URL http 192.168.0.106
i am asked for [root@elastix~]#
i managed to download firefox. NOW, please tell me how to start firefox from a command line. I tried inputing directly http://192.168.0.106 but i am told that i cannot verify the security certificates for that site.
HOw do i go around this.
There must be someone on this forum that can help me

Thanks

Mike<br><br>Post edited by: miketheman, at: 2007/10/29 07:14

hetii

Re:firefox from command line, H O W ????

Hello - welcome to ours community :)

first be sure that 192.168.0.106 is still your IP. (if you wondering where system store network settings you can look at here: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/)
[ifcfg-ethx where x is your network card number]

Then put them on any web browser(he ask did you accept elastix certificate - type yes) then you should see elastix login page - default Login is admin and password palosanto.

miketheman

Thanks for the answer.

Id love to start the browser first, but i can't. If i type the url directly it tells me it cannot verify the security certificates but does not give me the option to accept them. This is all in command line mode, i never saw firefox at all. I tried with well known sites: www.google.com for instance and had similar results. Please tell me how to start the browser, i might be able to chance it's settings after opening it.

MailSouth

Miketheman,
I don't think you can actually run the firefox browser from the command line. You need to go to another computer, open up a browser and put in 192.168.0.106 (the ip of you elastix box) That should get you to where you're trying to go.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapoalla