GUI does not appear after initial login

Fastdrw

I have installed elastix on an IBM Server and everything looks good. I'm using a static IP address of 10.1.100.20 with a mask of 255.255.255.0 and a gateway of 10.1.100.1

The system loads and when you login to the root cli it advises to login using your web browser at 10.10.10.20. Putty works to log into the server and from the server I can ping out via the gateway to anywhere in the world. Yum update works just fine as well.

The initial Elastix login page appears but when you when you put in the username (admin) and the password (palosanto) the screen says waiting.... then goes blank.

No GUI appears.

This did not happen on my test box which was a cheapo Core2 duo box.

I have reloaded the Elastix 2.0 CD 3 times now... the result is the same each time.

NO GUI appears.

Any suggestions?

jgutierrez

Yes enable display_error tag on /etc/php.ini, then execute:
service httpd restart
Paste the output from the web interface?

bhallottawa

I ran into this during an install and am embarased to admit it's becasue I didn't pay attention...

If you are installing 2.0 you will notice that the server reboots and then when Elastix restarts, it asks you questions for passwords for admin / mysql etc. if you skipped this step, then when you log in to the web browswer using admin / palosanto (which works) you will get a blank page.

Hope this helps you. In my case, I let the server reboot and then ssh'd in to update and complete - the app runs on the terminal window not in the ssh window so it was missed. After the yum update command and another reboot the terminal no longer asks for the step listed above and you need to start over...

cheers;
bob

Fastdrw

Hi Bob and thanks for the info.

Where I am with this now is that Is the 2.0 install script has a bug. If you run it using a Sata or IDE cdrom drive the script executes correctly on reboot. If you use a USB Cdrom drive there are pointer errors.

The Server I'm installing on is an IBM x336 8837-01U.
Dual Zeon, LSI SCSI Raid (2 x 73Gb ultrascsi)
It has a built in CDROM drive which is not recognized by centos as IDE or SATA so I'm a little unclear here on why it is exibiting the same symptoms as a USB-CDROM.

I have confirmed that on reboot.. NO SCRIPT RUNS... there is no box pop up asking for a MYSQL password or new Elastix password prompt so Elastix doesn't actually set up properly.

I guess this thread should be moved to "INSTALLATION PROBLEMS" not general help.

Thanks bob...

Hey Bob... Ottawa??? Vancouver here...

Fastdrw

SOLVED:

Latest updateXpress bios/fireware/bmc/raid updates from IBM website applied.

Server now installs error free.

bhallottawa

Congrats - Welcome to the world of Elastix 2.0 I've got 3 physical and 5 vmware images on an ESX farm running with it - my only challange is the web interface is slow at times or times out but for the most part it seems pretty solid!

Vancouver eh? The Canaidan Connection ;o)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti