GSM gateway with Elastix

mariovoip

Hi,

I have GSM gateway Portech MV-370 and it works well. I can make incoming calls and outgoing too.

But, I wanted to exploit the portech little bit more. I want to do this

I want to dial from a mobile to the GSM number in the gateway and trough it I want to connect to elastix. Than through tiping DTMF I want to call outside on normal pstn or cellular network. So my only personal cost would be to call the GSM number that is in the gateway (but I have a provider that have free cals in my company, so there will be no personal cost to dial through elastix with regular mobile phone, ex some old drity nokia that doesn't have SIP :) )!

Any tips for it?! Someone had some similar expirience?!

mm.alpha2k

From what little I understood.
trunk exit, Route Password
on the inbound, DISA

mariovoip

I want to do this:

A normal person from my company that doesn't have a sip on their mobiles I want to afford them to connect to the elastix without IP phone, only with their mobiles. So I want to use the GSM gateway as a bridge to connect to the elastix and to register as a extension there so someone can call to mobile/pstn through elastix . That's all.

so my idea is: Mobile Phone -> (dial to GSM Gateway) -> GSM gateway responds -> Mobile phone dial DTMF the number that a person wish to call -> GSM gateway through Elastix call that number.

So if I want to call 123456 I need first to dial 654321 (GSM gateway sim card number) and after I hear some tone or something, with DTMF I enter 123456 and through elastix dial straight to that nubmer.

I will try to do it today I will let you know if there are any success or fails. Meanwhile, If there are some other tips for me, please tell me

thank you!

mariovoip

Anyone on this topic? I need a help, I think its possible to do it but I cannot for almost 2 days I'm stuck

mm.alpha2k

If you can, with DISA in the elastix you can do it.

broadsurf

Hello,

I have the same setup and are trying to do the same thing. However I cannot get incoming to work properly.
In your setup what do you get when you call in: The MV's extension or IVR.
I believe you have to do it with DISA too but I want to know how you receive your calls.

let me know

Edward

mariovoip

Ok dude, I didn't posted here for a while but i did it 2 weeks ago.

Its quite intuive and easy.

My Portech GSM gateway is connected to elastix as an extension, and in the MOBILE to LAN part on the gateway i have

CID URL
* #

You can easily set a CID to make sure that only few number can use the conneciton to a lan.

In Elastix I set up DISA and Callback ( I cannot tell you how, cause my IP PBX had some major problems, so I can't log in to tell you the details..)

But with Disa and Callback setup you get this:

Call from GSM mobile to Portech. Portech goes to Elastix. Elastix hangs up. Than after 5 seconds (time that you setup in elastix) Elastix calls the CID that called the Portech earlier. If some picks up than a tone plays and wait for DTMF. You enter you keys and than to call goes out through elastix.

So, you if you are the caller you don't have any costs. That's why you should be careful with secirity, you may someday see a miliondollar bill :p!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti