Google Voice, Ooma & Elastix 4.0

Hello! First of all, I'd like to thank you for reading about my problem and thank you!

Here is my setup:

I have 2 Ooma accounts with 2 Linx devices, providing a total of 4 pots lines.

Ooma #1, Linx #1 grouped with 1 Phone Number without Call forwarding enabled
Ooma #2, Linx #2 grouped with 1 Phone Number without Call forwarding enabled

With Ooma & Linx I have only 1 primary number, and when you call in, it rings the primary Ooma device and the Linx device at the same time until 1 is answered.

I have a Google Voice number which is my main telephone number.

I enabled google voice to ring to my Ooma 1 primary number, and Ooma 2 primary number. When I had my analog lines, all 4 lines would ring, and the first line to be answered connected and it all worked fine, but I wanted to add some IP phones...

I setup an Elastix with 4 POTS lines, and multiple IP phones.

On the outbound side of things everything is working fine. I am able to make 4 outbound calls without any problems, but when inbound calls hit the system is when I start to get problems.

When Google Voice rings, it rings all lines at once, when this happens, my pbx server is answering the call and disconnecting it with a random message, "We are sorry you are having problems" and hangs up the line.

When I have google voice only ring 1 Ooma system say Ooma #1 and I disconnect the Linx #1 from the PBX, the Elastix passes the call onto the IP phones, and I can answer it just fine. My problem is I cannot tell google voice to only ring 1 phone number until it's busy then ring the next, creating a queue.

What am I doing wrong with the configuration, or what can I do to fix it? I am a network engineer, not a phone guy and I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Please feel free to ask any additional questions. Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Lynn

EDIT:

Kernel
Linux(x86_64) 3.10.0 229.14.1.el7.x86_64
Elastix
elastix 4.0.0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members