Google Summer of Code: List of Ideas for Elastix

rafael

Hi friends,

Google Summer of Code (GSC) is a project that involves FLOSS projects, like Elastix, and students from Universities.

Elastix project can became a mentor, for this we should list ideas of improvements our project needs. We must do this until the end of this week. (Sunday 7, March). That would give me enough time to organice the ideas and submit them to GSC.

We have started this wiki page where we can post ideas. Please post any idea you have there or in this thread.

We already have several ideas we can use from the feature request list.

The Elastix project needs you to became a better project, contribute with your ideas.

Best regards,

Rafael

jcardinal

In my opinion, what Elastix needs the most is quicker updates to the software it is built on. Specifically, SugarCRM and FreePBX are stuck on very old versions.

rafael

Hi jcardinal, you are right on that we have problems mantaining some packages up to date. That should be solve with more rpm mantainers. We have ask for them in the developer mailing list. If you know of any, please involve them to the Elastix developer mailing list.

In the other hand, I don't think Google would sponsor our rpm mantainers, but they want new functionality developed. So this could be a new Elastix module, or improvements to the Elastix Call Center Module, for example.

Best regards,

Rafael

danardf

VTiger is great too. ;)

Amphibian

Rafael,

How about the RF Gateway?

I posted this earlier and see a few people have looked at it, have you?

This would open a market I think that would be profitable for all. Not to mention I could do away with one of my boxes here and free up needed space.

Thanks
William

razametal

LDAP supporto to use one password for al modules is a good idea.

rafael

rafael

Hey folks,

We where not accpeted :(. I am pretty sad about it, but it was our first try.

From a positive point of view, wenow have a nice list of ideas that we should manage to find a way to develop. Palosant won't be able to do it all, or to do it too fast. Who wants to help?

Regards,

RAfael

danardf

Hi Rafa.

Google summer, maybe the next time.

I want to help you, on Hotel & Hospital. No problem but, I want some help with every Class PHP palosanto. (DB, ..Etc), Else that should be hard to make these module without change the programming methodes.
Otherwise, I should make another programming method to connect to the database. It's a little bit stupid. ;)

Regards.

rafael

So we need something like a developer manual and for Elastix in English. Let me talk wit the developers.

Regards,

Rafael

danardf

Yes, that should be very useful.

Amphibian

Sir,

That would be great to have a developer manual. It a start in the right direction.

Also, if there becomes a lag in getting this manual out due to getting it to English from Spanish, let me know as I have some resources that I can tap to get it done.

Thanks

Amphibian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colak