Getting Polycom IP501s to register

howwhi

Thanks to all who contribute,

I have been using Asterisk and Polycom for five plus years. Have Elastix 1.5.2 installed. Analog phones may dial amongst themselves, connected to Elastix via TDM422B, adding known good IP501s. Copied Polycom load files into /tfptboot. IP501s are getting IP addresses from DHCP but are unable to completely register.

I create the extension, then set the phone in the endpoint manager (thank you, dicko, for pointing out the need for the "/24"!!). Phone is recognized as a Polycom and the {MAC}.cfg and {MAC}reg.cfg files are created.

Latest incarnation yields this message on IP501 LCD: "Error loading {MAC}.cfg"

Anybody got a checklist?? Happy to post files as needed but want to start with the "is the power connected to the server?" questions first...

dicko

Does your /tftboot/server.cfg reflect reality as to where the tftpd server is available to the phones on eth1?
(I assume, of course, that the phones are set up for tftp configuration)

for polycoms in Elastix I suggest a modification of the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp file to:

server_args = -vvv -c -s /tftpboot

so your can follow the progress of the tftp server in /var/log/messages and allow the phones to save/restore their directories/logs//overrides to the Elastix box, (in which you poke around at /tftpboot/polycom/{service}/{mac}. (I assume you knew that, that's for others who might be benighted with polycoms))

howwhi

Thank you again, dicko.

With two networks "colliding" on one box, I was confused as to which network to identify in the server.cfg file. Multiple gotchas cleaned up; phones now register.

Thank you for the xinetd server_args. That made it obvious that my option tftp-server line was in error in the dhcpd.conf file.

Now on to dahdi (nee zap) trunks.

dicko

You're Welcome:
Avoid collisions, use routing. :)

p.s. be careful of that "tftp-server line" , not all phones agree!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti