get zap to get dtmf tones on fxo.

Discussion in 'General' started by davidh, May 15, 2008.

1. davidh

:unsure: Hi there

Connecting elastix to philips pbx using wctmd in elastix, getting fxo trunks from pbx. I am currently using spansp and app_rt&tx fax to send and receive faxes. my dial plan is quit complex, when i get to answer the zap channel i wait for a string of digits passed from my pbx i use this to route the call to the right context(user directory&email).

My question is how do i wait for digits in elastix and how do one route them.

please if you can point me into the right direction, it would e great.

regards

Dave<br><br>Post edited by: davidh, at: 2008/05/15 01:47

2. telecomtechnician

be more specific

Hi.

I would like to help but you have to be more specific, Is there an extension of the Philips PBX that dials another extension of the pbx, but this ringing extension is connected to elastix like a trunk?
    did you create an IVR in elastix?

Please be more specific

Thanks

3. davidh

Re:be more specific

After reading my post i see what you mean, it makes no sence, so here goes to clarify my question:

I have a philips is 3000 pbx of witch i use 4 analog extensions to act as lines(fxo) that connects to my fxo ports on my Diguim tdm400p board. the diguim card is in my good to say(great software)elastix server.

On there these extension that comes from the philips pbx i have a voicemail facility whereas when the call gets answered by the elastix server i can send dtmf digits to that answered channel.

Here is a sample of what i did in my old asterisk server.
    exten => s,1,Answer()
    exten => _X.,1,NoOp(**dtmfstring from philips*:${EXTEN})

NoOp displays sommething like 21A0112324566C8888

21 being the type of call
    0112324566 the did of incoming call
    8888 the destination address(where the call is going)

I can then cut the relavant info and route the calls to where they need to go.

I figured out by changing the context for zap1 in zapata-channels.conf to test and edit the extensions_custom.conf to add the info above i can do the same as with my asterisk box,.,,,,BUT,,, my question on this will be if you edit these files will it not influence the way elastix works in the web interfase and modules. And also need to know how to send a fax out on a zap channel.

geeeeeeeeee hope this makes sence.

regards

dave

4. telecomtechnician

create an IVR

Hi

First at all, you have to create an inbound route for these FXO trunks. If this incoming calls have to be answered, they should be answered by an IVR, not a voicemail system (inside the elastix server).

So you have to create an IVR an specify the dtmf digits that the IVR will receive (hear)and then take action.
    One of the actions could be is to dial an internal extension or an external number through a ZAP trunk or SIP, IAX trunk.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina