Get Voicemail Remotely

Discussion in 'General' started by jarus323, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jarus323

Hello, I have a user that works off-site most of the time. Does Elastix have an option to get voice mails from a specific user's office phone remotely?
    Is there a character/number combination to dial so he can access his voicemail?
    Is there maybe an application that he can install on his laptop to listen to his voice mails?
    Maybe a software phone application?

2. jgutierrez

Yes, you can use a remote softphone, he will register and through *98, he will be able to check his voicemail.

Another option could be that on your IVR for inbound routes, you create a secret option (any option not included on the valid options for IVR), and set its destination to voicemail application. That way, he will dial to the IVR, choose the secret option, and he will be able to check his voicemail.

Another option, is that you configure the email attachment option for voicemail, so when he receives a voice message, he will receive it on his email account.

3. rafael

Re: Re:Get Voicemail Remotely

and another option would be to add a DISA in the IVR.

Regards,

Rafael

4. dicko

And another option is to call yourself and when you answer and hear yourself, dial * and it will prompt you for your password.

5. jarus323

Thanks! I'll try these options. Are there any recommended softphones for me to d/l?

6. rafael

jarus323 that should be another question ;). Please do so in the newbies forum ;)