Get call from trunk and sent it to another trunk ?

haamed

Hi all.
i have sangoma a102 (2 port pri link)
this is my scenario:
pri 1 is connected to telecom and it is working.
pri 2 is connect to another pbx and it is working (i can sent call and get call).

now i want the anothe pbx can call out from pri1 (telecom).
when old pbx send me the call, asterisk should send it to pri1 trunk and dial out, how should i define it.

my trunk with pri2 (old pbx) has from-pstd context.

thanks in advanced

trymes

I believe that you are going to want to set up your second PRI as extensions, not as trunks. They should be defined in the context "from-internal", not "from-pstn".

Then, use Outbound routes to direct calls from those "extensions" to the PSTN.

Tom

haamed

you are right.
but when i use from-internal for context, i can,t send call to another pbx.
in this case "from-internal" i should make a trunk and outbound route too ?

trymes

haamed,

I think we may need some more info:

First, It sounds like PBX1 is an elastix box with a PRI connected to the PSTN.
Second, it sounds like PBX2 is an old, non-asterisk machine that has no connection to the PSTN, but does have a PRI connection to PBX1.
Third, when you say "pri 2 is connect to another pbx and it is working (i can sent call and get call).", what do you mean? That you can pick up a phone connected to PBX2 and dial an extension on PBX1? How about the other way around?

I haven't ever done this, and hopefully someone with some more experience, like Dicko, will chime in. However, here is how I would proceed.

1.) Remove any truck definitions for PRI2.
2.) Set the PRI2 channels connected to PBX2 to be in the "from-internal" context.
3.) Configure a ZAP extension for each channel on PRI2.
4.) Configure an outbound route such that calls dialed by PBX2 are matched and sent to the PSTN. You'll need to know how they are coming in to know how to match them.
5.) If you want to have incoming calls directed to PBX2, you'll need to setup inbound routes to match the incoming calls and direct them to the PRI2 channels. A ring group or some other such setting will likely be in order there, too.

In step #2, it might technically be possible to assign all of the PRI2 channels to a specific group and set up one extension that points at that group instead of setting up one extension for each channel, but I am not certain if that would work (and I'm guessing it wouldn't...)

Can anyone confirm that I am barking up the right tree?

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr