General Understanding...

Discussion in 'General' started by vperez69, Nov 6, 2010.

1. vperez69

I have a couple of quick questions, just for my general understanding, hopefully someone will be able to explain them in simple english (or spanish), as the relevant searches in google don't really enlighten me at all.

Question 1 What causes intermittent Lagging on local phones? If I just sit and stare at "tail /var/log/asterisk/full -f", during the course of a given hour, I se messages such as
    Question 2: Not really sure how to even phrase the question, so here goes: What is the call flow between contexts? I get this error message on my log file, which is clearly a context issue:

However, the exact same config works on Trixbox. Clearly, I have a context issue going on, but I can't understand why if I am running asterisk 1.6 on both, Elastix doesn't work out the context and trixbox does.

2. dicko

The lagged state is caused by network latency or mis-configured routers between the server and the extensions. If local then you have uncontrolled local network traffic, if they are softphones, as a guess, then well just don't use windoze.

If you want to include a more general availability within contest aInphonex you need to "include" it

I have no idea what the aInphonex context is it's just not part of Asterisk or Elastix. you will have to refer to aInphonex for that help. But generally yiu will need to inclde:-

include => from-internal

include => from-trunk

for example within that context depending on how you mangled the setup and what aInphonex is supposed to be.

Read "Elastix Without Tears" for a more logical way of setting up Elastix.

read
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+contexts

for a deeper understanding

3. vperez69

I fixed it! Thank you. Solution here.