GAPS Lite

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by Borut, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Borut

Borut Guest

Trixbox has very nice integration with Grandstream GAPS lite software for phone provisioning which saves a lot of time. Database still have tables for phone provisioning from Trixbox. Any chance to get this functionality in Elastix too?

BR
    Borut

2. protenus

Yes, that functionality would be great to have, we have quite a bit of experience with GS provisioning, and would like to help with this feature, especially if others would like to work on this with use.

One thing we would like to to is create support for GXP-2000 phones, enabling assignment of multiple extensions (up to 4 can be assigned to that phone). Conceptually know how to do it (we have done script based system for doing this), but would like to hear ideas how to do with a UI...

3. cowboy47

I would love that for the Aastra 480i phones, Poloycomm phones, SNOM phones, and all others that are available. Supposedly AsteriskNow has an endpoint configurator built-in to it now. I found the rpm's for trixbox' endpoint configurator, could those be modified to work with Elastix?

C

4. cowboy48

Hi,

Now I am in no means a Unix/Linux G_d like you guys are, and my days of programming are many years in the past but, I did come across the rpms for the endpointcfg program in Trixbox. This is a naive question, but would it not be possible to look at these, then modify them to work with Elastix? I know that others have said that things were taken from Elastix and put in TB 2.0, why not do the same? The RPMS can be found at http://yum.trixbox.org/centos/4/RPMS/tb ... noarch.rpm .

Any response would be appreciated.:sick:

5. cowboy47

6. cowboy48

Awww, come on guys. What is the possibility of porting this over?

7. starkiller

I guess it's none, since they have not replied.

8. lek

lek Guest

We're working now in a phone provisioner. I hope it's ready for the 0.9 version.

9. nothings_found

Well the End-Point Manager works great for Aastra and Polycom phones but it does not generate the files for Grandstream phones at all.

Any idea on when this issue will get resolved.

10. nothings_found

So any news on this? Grandstream File generation is still broken.

I'm deploying 50 Grandstream phones and this would have definately helped me time wise.

:whistle:

11. jcattan

hi you must install java
    yum install -y java
    that 's all :laugh: