G729 Not work for voicemail "Core Elastix 2.0.3"

Discussion in 'General' started by masood_shah555, Nov 24, 2010.

1. masood_shah555

Dear Sir/modom
    instal elastix 2.0.3 and after config extentions , change codecs @ ASTERISK SIP SITTING for g729 only , voice mail and call recording is not work , but codecs set to ulaw and alaw and g711 or gsm voice mail and call recordin is workig good ,
    any idea for this problem?
    Best regards

2. Bob

Bob

masood_shah555,

What brand of codec are you using?? (Digium, opensource)....

It sounds like you have not got it properly installed, which ever one you have used....

It sounds like your SIP Provider and your Phone are negotiating G729, which means that you are performing G729 passthru (e.g. no transcoding), which does not require a licence on the Asterisk Box, however, the moment you perform a touchdown on the Asterisk box, such as Voicemail, Recording, Conference calls, you require a valid (WORKING) G729 Codec (licence).

So the first thing is to look at your codec implementation (ELastix/Asterisk does not come with the G729 codec). You need a G729 codec licence for each channel that uses G729....

Definitely no known issues with G729 on 2.0.3 (or any versions that I know of for that matter). Confident as well as I am running 2.0.3 with purely G729 on a few sites at the moment....

Hope this steers you in the right direction.

Regards

Bob

3. masood_shah555

Dear Bob
    brand is Digium and i need free g729 codec source

Best regards

4. Patrick_elx

g729 is a licensed codec that is not included in the basic distribution. You have to install it yourself. You will find in this forum many 'how to guide' to install this codec.