FXO Trunk Dial Volume To PSTN Too Low

Discussion in 'General' started by ismed, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ismed

Dear Sirs,
    Can we increase the gain slightly the volume of the zap fxo trunk (tdm400 card) when the trunk dialing the pstn line?

Because I hear it too low and too slow.

Awaiting your respond soon and thank you.

Best regards,
    Ismed

2. dicko

search here and the other recommended resources for txgain and rxgain settings in chan_dahdi.conf for gain settings and toneduration=NN for tone duration settings

3. ismed

Hi Dicko,
    Thanks a lot for your advises and will have a look and try it tonight, as I am on the road right now. I will comeback to you for what I can get...

4. ismed

Hi Dicko and experts,
    It seems there is a different on the volume gain after I change the txgain and rxgain, but is it true that the txgain and rxgain paramenter will change the tone gain for dialing tone and not the voice volume? Even though I want to increase the voice volume gain I also want to increase the gain of dial tone instead only voice volume gain.

And for toneduration I notice there is no different and still remain the same, I cannot change the time between dial tone faster or slower with toneduration parameter, I already tried from 60 to 600 but no luck. should we change dial tone frequency or other parameter? and where to change it.

Awaiting your respond and thank you.

Best regards,
    Ismed

5. dicko

Changes in that file take a complete reload of the dahdi driver to take effect.

6. ismed

Hi Dicko,
    Belows is the modified chan_dahdi.conf :

[channels]
    context=from-pstn
    signalling=fxs_ks
    rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
    usecallerid=yes
    hidecallerid=no
    callwaiting=yes
    usecallingpres=yes
    callwaitingcallerid=yes
    threewaycalling=yes
    transfer=yes
    canpark=yes
    cancallforward=yes
    callreturn=yes
    echocancel=yes
    echocancelwhenbridged=no
    faxdetect=incoming
    echotraining=800
    rxgain=2.0
    txgain=4.0
    callgroup=1
    pickupgroup=1
    toneduration=60

I reloaded that many times but nothing change for tone dial freq time or time between dial tone either faster or longer and always the same.

Should I change something else?

Best regards,
    Ismed

7. haamed

may be you test it before but for sureness,
    - test your Tel line with a analog phone to sure that the line has no problem.
    - if you use analog card, change the line and FXO port to sure that the FXO module has no problem.
    - make call from Ext to Ext to sure that the IPphone or headset have no Problem.

GoodLuck

8. dicko

60ms is too short a time for 100% reliable DTMF detection, 80ms is the industry "standard" unfortunately if you you lower it below 120ms many IVR's just don't follow that "standard" and cease to work,

I have to verify what YOU mean by "reloaded that many times" (it only takes one reload, machines are stupid, they do what you tell them, not what you want them to do, further they just do it so get out of the habit of doing the same thing agin if it doesn't work the first time, the result will be exactly the same. What do you exactly believe a dahdi "reload" entails?) otherwise, all I can say is IWFM. perhaps your hardware phones need looking at for any over-ride of DTMF timing.

9. ismed

@hammed :
    thanks hammed, nothing wrong with my digium tdm400 card (2xfxs + 2xfxo,i forgot the type in exact) and ext. to ext. is already tested too. nothing wrong with the hardware or software. problem only why the hardware does'nt want to follow my order to faster the dtmf timing frequency (between tone duration).

@dicko:
    that was coincidence where when i copy paste the config at the time I have the 60ms for the toneduration. I also tested the 60,70,80,90,100,120,130,140..up to 300ms but seems the digium fxo trunk dial at the same speed.
    and how to overide the digium tdm400 card dtmf time speed?

Best regards,
    Ismed

10. dicko

Actually I'm awaiting your response t
    :
    . . .What do you exactly believe a dahdi "reload" entails? . . .

11. ismed

hi dicko,
    sorry to comeback late to you...
    what i believe to dahdi reload entail is to reload all the parameter that we assigned to variable on all the configuration files of asterisk...

is that the answer of your question?

so what is the relation of this question to how to change the dtmf dial tone speed?

awaiting to your respond and thank you.

best regards,
    ismed

12. dicko

Thank you , It is your answer to my question, however it is an incorrect answer, had you actually read about any of this stuff you would now know that the the dahdi driver needs restarting for many changes in that file to take effect as I stated specifically. until you find those instructions I suggest you just reboot your computer as it will have the same effect, it justs takes longer, perhaps you can usefully use that time to do a little research?