from where comes"call-limit" in SIP extension?

fabianus

Hello,

I am just comparing Elastix with Trixbox and I would like to understand where the "call-limit" feature in the extensions of typ "Generic SIP Device" under "Device Options" comes from.
In Trixbox I do not find this option ...

Thanks for any suggestion!

Regards,
Fabianus

cowboy47

The call limit is something that was instituted from Asterisk 1.4. If you are comparing Elastix & Trixbox you need to make sure you are comparing the same versions. Trixbox 2.2 is still based on Asterisk 1.2.

C

fabianus

got it cowboy !

Thanks for your help.

In fact, could you tell me where I may find come arguments about elastix vs. trixbox?
Or do you have a short idea about the important pros of elastix over trixbox?

Regards,
Fabianus

cowboy47

Well, I do not know of a particular article where there are comparisons made between trixbox & elastix but I can share some of my perspectives.

1. I did not care for the way that Fonality took over Trixbox. Now, you are almost obligated to purchase something from them and they have privatized a lot of the code.

2. I prefer the interface of Elastix over Trixbox.

3. Elastix is running the more current version of Asterisk & Freepbx, the free version of Trixbox does not.

4. Trixbox is more complicated than Elastix in as much as there are many many applications distributed in many different manners.

5. My only major complaint with Elastix is in the response time from the developers and while I understand everyones desire to make money, I feel that there needs to be more discussions in the forums rather than having to pay for support.

6. I like the idea of setting up authorized resellers and sharing leads or support contracts. But I think that information should be freely shared between those parties.

Hope that helps.

ramoncio

Re:from where comes

cowboy47 said:
Well, I do not know of a particular article where there are comparisons made between trixbox & elastix but I can share some of my perspectives.

1. I did not care for the way that Fonality took over Trixbox. Now, you are almost obligated to purchase something from them and they have privatized a lot of the code.

2. I prefer the interface of Elastix over Trixbox.

3. Elastix is running the more current version of Asterisk & Freepbx, the free version of Trixbox does not.

4. Trixbox is more complicated than Elastix in as much as there are many many applications distributed in many different manners.

5. My only major complaint with Elastix is in the response time from the developers and while I understand everyones desire to make money, I feel that there needs to be more discussions in the forums rather than having to pay for support.

6. I like the idea of setting up authorized resellers and sharing leads or support contracts. But I think that information should be freely shared between those parties.

Hope that helps.
Completely agree with that.

Adminsparadise looks great too. But they haven't released a new version for many months and their interface is quite messy. But they have avantfax integrated. This is a + for faxers.
I hope they release a new improved version and see what happens.

Elastix is for me the best distro by now, and if they had a couple of engineers more answering our questions and they included some new features and gpl php-mysql programs, they can wipe out Trixbox and clones and get a big bunch of new users.
When they increase their community is when they can make more money.
More users, more money.
Better faxing web interface like avantfax would be a +++

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen