From Email Address for VM to Email

Discussion in 'General' started by ewchen, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ewchen

Hello,

I am trying to get Elastix working with our SMTP mail relay. I was able to do this before on a RC of Elastix 2.0 and am now switching to a new box running Elastix 2.0 Final.

In the vm_general.inc file I've set the serveremail=<correct email> but for some reason its not using this value and stays with the default value. When I tail /var/log/maillog I see entries showing that its sending the messages as asterisk@<hostname> which is not what is in the configuration file. Does anyone have any clues on what might be causing this?

It is working fine on another machine running the RC with the same configuration.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Awesomo

That is the correct file to be editing. The only thing I can think of is Asterisk didn't apply it. Have you tried an amportal restart or reset the whole box since changing the file?

3. Awesomo

Double post...

4. dicko

Unfortunately the "Final 2.0" was a serious mis-nomer, the new "final" is now 2.0.1 and has a couple of dozen patches agianst even then to fix it's continuing "regressive code base", try a yum update , or wait a little until the real final, (I mean the real, seriously final, you know the one that actually works) iso is released, (sorry Palosanto, I couldn't resist it's been five days now we still wait on your decision . . .)

dicko