Fresh Elastix 1.6 Ip Address Issue!!! Please Help

Discussion in 'General' started by zurqui, Jul 3, 2010.

1. zurqui

Hello Everyone

I'm a newbie here so please apologize in advance for any,,,,stupid thing I said :)

This is the issue, I have a fresh Elastix 1.6 installation, I follow up the Elastix without tears instructions to create a raid on the hardware, and everything is working ok.

However, the server is not taking ip addresses from the DHCP server, the unit has 2 nic's so i changed the cable to the other one and the result is the same. In theory I can use the "setup" option in the command console to use a fx ip address, but the network configuration module does not appear. :(

For me this is weird because before install Elastix, the server was running Trixbox without issues.

Please, could you someone what to do?

Regards

Allan

2. dicko

No need to apologize, it is totally a "sin of omission" by Palosanto (fixed in 2.0 when it's ready)

perhaps http://www.elastix.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... leshooting

towards the bottom will get you fixed up. Or you could find system-config-network-tui on the cdrom (in rpms) and rpm -Uhv it.

dicko

3. zurqui

Thanks a lot Dicko.

I'm not an expert using Linux commands ;) but I will try right now those steps.

I will back soon

Regards

Allan

4. zurqui

Hello Dicko

I ran the lspci command and in theory my server has Intel 82573 Gigabit network cards. Reading the info you sent me, my possible issue could be that I need to install the drivers related with that network cards.

As I said, I'm not an expert on linux, so , please, could you tell me how can I add those drivers to the installation?

Regards

Allan

5. dicko

Unfortunately that's a little harder, and probably another "sin of omission" by Palosanto (the device has been around for 5 years, but was perhaps excluded from the 1.6 cd)

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/8869/ENG/e1000.htm

is the intel way, but you will need to get it there either by temporarily adding an extra nic or by usb or cd, and even then it's not particularly easy to do for a newbie. maybe someone here can send you a e1000?.ko file (maybe Palosanto even) that suits, sorry I don't have one myself.

dicko

6. zurqui

:(

Well......I'm very disappointed with Elastix 1.6. I still with the problems to install it due that Elastix dos not recognize. I follow up the steps that kindly Dicko sent me and nothing.

As last option I buy a new network card, a Realtek. And guess what?????? again it was not recognize by Elastix.

AS I said before i'm not an expert with Linux, but in theory elastix, trixbox, etc were designed to be easy to install.

Now i had to roll back to trixbox, it's up and running, and all networks cards were recognized without problems,,,,,including the new one realtek :(

Thanks anyway Dicko for your help!!!! :)

Regards

Zurqui

7. dicko

Sorry to see you go, but totally understandable, but why don't try again in a couple of months when I think Elastix 2.0 will be available with all your problems eliminated.
    dicko