FreePBX unembeded or Elastix's Configuratio PBX?

Medamine

Hi
which one between the two solutions offred (FreePBX unembeded or Elastix's Configuration PBX)should I use to configure my PBX, because they have almost the same options,
Does this a choise ?if so, which one you advice me to use?:(

gabo_per

It´s clear.

Unembeded FreePBX = FreePBX
Embeded FreePBX = Elastix´s Config PBX.

They are same.

There are litles diferences to say they are diferents (elastix´s Config PBX). Elastix has integrated very interesting and useful telecom programs, and (the most important) is working to be an GNU/Linux distribution. Easy to install Operating System and giants telecom programs: Asterisk, FreePbx,Postfix,RoundCube, OpenFire and others.

jessie

Hi Medamine,

This depends on your needs. I found this two solutions very useful. One configuration is not around in Embeded FreePBX = Elastix´s Config PBX and one module is not around in Unembeded FreePBX = FreePBX. Just Gabo_per mention Elastix somehow dominant solution between the two.

Regards,

Jessie

johnme

Hi all

I say if you are a new in asterisk - elastix then use the elastix interface and everything will go fine.
If you know what you are doing then use freepbx, it is more powerfull, but you may damage the elastix system (interface) if you do a module update for exable.

Bye
John

vgster

Might sound like a stupid question but why have the option if it might break things?

I hope it's not going down the trixbox route with it's freepbx install.

Patrick_elx

I never had problem with freepbx.
The only thing you just need to be careful with is the freepbx upgrade module.

If you upgrade, and then later apply an elastix upgrade, you can 'downgrade' your freepbx. You just need to go back in freepbx to reupgrade the modules.

Not a big problem, just need to be aware of it.

freepbx is giving some menu that the elastix gui did not integrated yet. you also have plenty of additional optional modules that can be useful.

IMHO, I would get rid of the elastix gui pbx tab that replicate freepbx to keep only the other elastix specific portions, and use freepbx.

Why spending time to reinvent the wheel, let's focus on what could make Elastix better. At the same time let's also give more feedback or help to the freepbx team to upgrade the core freepbx part.

vgster

I agree, drop any elastix gui PBX interfaces and just use freepbx. Custom modules can be integrated and this way we only have 1 PBX gui and not a confusing 2.

They should include freepbx as part of the initial install then let the user update both freepbx and the modules from frepbx instead of pushing updated RPM's.

djmalik

Hi,

I need to know how to login to unembedded freePBX. None of the passwords are working

What is the default login/password :dry:

Regards

Patrick_elx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr