Freepbx bug 3118 also affects elastix 1.5.2

kawa636r

We have some trouble with last updates from yum -y and freepbx updates.

If a queue has got static agents, at the server bootup all the queues doesn't work and get stucked when called.

For get it working must do "reload" command on asterisk cli, and at every server reboot (like energy fault and other troubles) the server will stuck the queues again.

This it's with asterisk 1.4.25.1 and freepbx 2.5.1.5.

nsantos

I can reproduce the problem.
My IP PBX also suffers from the same problem, but only in 1.5.2-2.3 because 1.5.2-2 works fine!

Nuno

jgutierrez

Are you using the wrapup-time feature?
Paste the output f the following command while you are having that issue
asterisk -rx "queue show xx"
where xx is the number of your queue

nsantos

Here it is:

Code:
2002 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
Members:
    Local/11@from-internal/n (Invalid) has taken no calls yet
    Local/14@from-internal/n (Invalid) has taken no calls yet
No Callers
and after doing reload:

Code:
2002 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
Members:
    Local/11@from-internal/n (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
    Local/14@from-internal/n (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
No Callers
Looks like that for some reason when the IP/PBX boots it shows Invalid and only after a reload the queue can make the extension ring, otherwise the caller will stay in the queue forever without the extensions being called.

Nuno

kspare

This problem has been around for a long time. I'm glad to see it's not just me! I submitted a bug to freepbx at one time, but because they couldn't reproduce it, they closed it as works for me.

nsantos

kspare said:
This problem has been around for a long time. I'm glad to see it's not just me! I submitted a bug to freepbx at one time, but because they couldn't reproduce it, they closed it as works for me.
Since you were the original poster of the 3118 ticket at freepbx I advise you to go back there and post more details, including the ones requested by p_lindheimer so he can re-open the ticket as he stated he would.
This could help us all.

Nuno

kawa636r

I think it's a very strange ASTERISK (not freepbx) bug.

jgutierrez

Try updataing asterisk and dahdi:
yum update *asterisk* *dahdi*
And test it again, I think that there was another release of asterisk and dahdi since elastix version 1.5.2-2.3

dicko

FYI

the Elastix beta repositories now have asterisk 1.4.26 available as of yesterday,

asterisk has been fixing holes in the queue function, this build includes queue-state "reload" and "phantom agent kill" fixes

akroom

dicko said:
FYI

the Elastix beta repositories now have asterisk 1.4.26 available as of yesterday,

asterisk has been fixing holes in the queue function, this build includes queue-state "reload" and "phantom agent kill" fixes
so do you recommend install 1.4.24?

akroom

akroom said:
dicko said:
FYI

so do you recommend install 1.4.24?
am sorry 1.4.26

dicko

:) :)

I recommend nothing, Basically queues are well known to be broken in Asterisk, the whole concept is being replaced, Asterisk 1.6 takes a whole new look at it, but that's not what you are fighting with.

If it's broken and you will try anything to fix it, then go the beta route, if a

rasterisk -x reload

in a well placed startup script or cron job works like a finger in a dyke , then hold on to your hat and wait . . . .

check out :

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 2021#32021

You guys should probably talk more often

( I hope I don't create a re-entrant anomaly here :) )

(Rafael!! can we merge these two threads?)

akroom

the solution is easy, i posted the same question.. but got the solution (with a little help from my friends)

enter the following command as the last line in

/etc/rc.local file

rasterisk -x reload

you're done!

whenever you restart your machine things will be up and running without troubles, your queues will be up to.. there is another command that pushes the queues to reconfigure.. but that one is better in your case.

dicko

Excellent akroom:

You caught a fish. +1 karma for you

kspare

nsantos said:
kspare said:
Since you were the original poster of the 3118 ticket at freepbx I advise you to go back there and post more details, including the ones requested by p_lindheimer so he can re-open the ticket as he stated he would.
This could help us all.

Nuno
What details? He said right in the ticket he could replicate the problem. They just choose to do nothing about it.

nsantos

kspare wrote:
What details? He said right in the ticket he could replicate the problem. They just choose to do nothing about it.
If you read the ticket 3118 comments carefully you will realize that p_lindheimer never got to reproduce the problem. Nevertheless it seems this might be an asterisk bug rather than a freepbx bug, so I think we will have to give the new updates a try, on a sandbox PBX, to see if it comes addressed.

Nuno

akroom

no putting the reasterisk reload thingy solves the problem of not being able to make the box work until you make it manually after a hard restart or after the electricity goes out

yet, another problem persists which is, the queues fail to work and the asterisk box tends to cease from recieving calls all the sudden by itself.. then you'll have to issue the reasterisk reload command to make things work back to normal

it's an asterisk bug, that not so many ppl know about

Gelevera

jgutierrez

Have you updated asterisk? If you have just update elastix, you have just updated the framwork for elastix...

Update asterisk (it was long ago fixed), or take a look at this post:
http://www.elastix.org/es/component/kun ... valid.html
(use google traductor from spanish to english)

Gelevera

Gracias jgutierrez. ya lo resolvi. gracias a san google tambien..

-instale en limpio y actualice con "yum update elastix* freePBX* -y"
y no andaba , luego vi los links que deje yo y ahora el tuyo y con eso lo arregle. grax!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc