FREEPBX and ELASTIX

whbh

Hi

Why are there ELASTIX and FREEPBX ?
Is it an option to choose either FREEPBX or ELASTIX or are they complementary ?

Thank you

Bob

whbh,

Generally they are complementary. You can use either one or mix and match. The Elastix PBX GUI is a subset of the Freepbx. In fact it is many of the modules that are in Freepbx framed.

Now for basic PBX setups, I find it quick and easy doing it via the Elastix PBX GUI, however with the more indepth ones, I use the Freepbx. The information is the same and it is written to the same database.

Regards

Bob

Patrick_elx

It's confusing for new users having this dual choice.

There are some discussions about having everything in Elastix only but on my view that would be a mistake. They are some additional options in freepbx that are not available in Elastix GUI, also you can use additional modules in freepbx.

IMHO I would prefer to remove completely the pbx tab in elastix and rely only on freepbx for it, and focus more on the others function that are making Elastix a better software.

donhwyo

IMHO I would prefer to remove completely the pbx tab in elastix and rely only on freepbx for it, and focus more on the others function that are making Elastix a better software.
I agree but if it is kept the way it is maybe have freepbx as an advanced option button or something. Might make the connection of the 2 less confusing. I think the Elastix version is better for new users so better in that way.

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti