FreePBX and Asterisk not working after update

Beach

I have been a happy VoIP user for some time now and Elastix has been great. I tried doing a 'yum update' from the prompt and now my system partially broken. I use the server for other things like file sharing and proxy, but these were not affected by the update.

I can get log in via the web portal, but when I click the 'PBX' tab I get a blank page. None of my phones work, when I try to make a call from my phone I receive "404 NOT FOUND, wrong number or remote party not online". I see that Asterisk is running and I can get in via the CLI. When I do a 'sip show peers' I see my main trunk and the phones are online and have a status of 'OK'.

Any ideas what happened or how to fix it?

Thanks...

rafael

Hi Beach,

Can you please tell us from what version of Elastix where you doing the update? Do you have any additional telephony hardware or you are doing just voip?

Regards,

Rafael

Beach

Thanks for the reply!

Can you please tell us from what version of Elastix where you doing the update?
I was using 1.3 stable. In addition to the base distro; I loaded the following items: Squid, Dansguardian, Samba, and XFCE. It has been working perfectly since October 2008 - but I thought I should update it since a newer version of Elastix was available.

Do you have any additional telephony hardware or you are doing just voip?
No, I am using VoIP only. I did have a cheap X100p card in there at one time but removed it shortly after installing the system. Would putting it back in make a difference?

Thanks again,

Beach

Beach

I feel like I can sort this out if I could just get FreePBX working again. Any way to access it directly instead of clicking 'PBX' from the main screen?

Getting a little frustrated... I'm never doing 'yum update' on a working server again - what a major headache.

-Beach

dicko

My commiserations:
Code:
https://ipaddress/admin
should get you there

Beach

Ok, faith restored... I noticed some 'pear-DB' errors in the logs. I was able to get the system working again with the following command:
Code:
yum reinstall php-pear-db
Works like a charm now and I am up to date...

-Beach

rafael

Thanks Beach for reporting the issue and the solution :D. I created a bug report so that developers would find a way to solve this issue:
http://bugs.elastix.org/view.php?id=104

Hope to see you more often around here ;)

Regards,

Rafael

a_villacis

Do you still have the logs that show the DB errors? Could you please post them on the bug report? We are trying to reproduce the problem, but the one we have found so far is a FreePBX issue that does not get resolved by a reinstall of php-pear-DB.

virusbcn

I have the same error when i upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5 if i reinstall php-pear-DB they say me:

No Match for argument: php-pear-db
Error: Problem in reinstall: no package matched to remove

If you say me where are the DB logs can i put there.

(y si me lo dices en nuestro idioma seguro que me entero mejor ;-) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz