Freepbx 2.8

Bob

Just a question,

How many are running Freepbx 2.8 successfully on Elastix 2.0

Just came across a system which seems to be running it successfully. So it prompts me to ask how many others are running it, and whether they have spotted any issues.

Regards

Bob

Bullfrog

Bob,

I have installed FreePBX 2.8 on Elastix 2.0 and have not noticed any problems. Everything installed without any trouble. This was one of the first things I did after installed Elastix 2.0. So, most of the configuration was performed with FreePBX 2.8 installed.

Regards,

Jeremy

dicko

There is a collision on what library to use between Elastix and FreePBX when it comes to

libfreepbx.javascripts.js

this exists in both the FreePBX deployment and the Elastix deployment, yet they are not the same, this would need to be resolved by PaloSanto.

It is a shame that Elastix has chosen to fork FreePBX, basically for the non standard and generally non functional as yet monitoring functions of Elastix.

My guess (and tentative experience) is that you can use 2.8 unembedded quite functionally, all bets are off however for expecting the embedded version to remain functional, there is too much unresolved FUD there.

JM2CWAE

dicko

Bob

Dicko,

As always, you have the answers......thanks for the heads up...

I agree, the Elastix Freepbx subset is upset by the upgrade and I noticed this on the system I was working on last night.

The Javascript functions were not working correctly (e.g. I make a change and should have dynamically changed the drop down options, but didn't happen).

I completed the rest of the repair/configuration in unembedded freepbx, and got the system functional (I think one of the faults was that they had used embedded to so the configuration change which is why it was faulty).

I am in agreement with you on the Freepbx (fork) issue, as I believe it will continue to cause issues. Like all things though, sometimes the wheels turn slowly, occasionally marked by a spot of brilliance (or realisation), which makes things happen.

Regards

Bob

CliveA

Hi I installed FreePBX v2.8 by accident when I did a yum update and yum upgrade. I am running a 4 E1 Asterisk Digium digital card which was running 120 ports of EuroISDN until the reboot - when the DAHDI drivers did not load and the drivers for the Card no longer install. I tried to see this Digium card under FreePBX v2.8 and it appears to be recognised under the DAHDI section - but when retarted the drivers still dont install - I now I have a dead 120channels!My card is a Digium TE412P with Echo Cancellation.

What was weird about this - was I repeated the Yum update a couple of hours later and YUM attempted to download v2.7 of FreePBX (as though someone was playing with the repository).

Any ideas how to fix this issue quickly is greatly appreciated - also Elastix not synched to FreePBX v2.8 yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino