FreePBX 2.7 on Elastix

garfield81

Just wanted to see if anyone has upgraded their FreePBX on Elastix to 2.7 and what kind of issues did they run into.

Thanks

Kalama Sutra

Hi,

In the "Announcements" forum, fmvillares ( Fernando ) mentions FreePBX 2.7 final being worked on for v. 2.x of elastix. B)

If you get it FreePBX 2.7 running cleanly, that's Kool ! :silly:

But, as one Fresh Boarder to another, Good Luck ... :blush:

The advice of the old timers around here, which I didn't fully follow, hence a sick production unit, is to quote dicko, "DFWI" if it's working OK. :unsure:

On the other hand, if you're experimenting, Have at it ! :woohoo:

Jim

garfield81

Jim,
I totally agree with you but the current version of FreePBX doesn't have a efficient(?) implementation to handling a large "ringall" call volume and is causing the server to crash whenever there are more than 30 people logged into the "ringall" queue and 5 calls waiting in the queue. According to the developers there has been "several" improvements in FreePBX 2.7 to address this issue and that is the reason I wanted to upgrade.

dicko

I find it to be problem free (at least on my crash test dummy boxes), but yes on asterisk 1.6 and deployed using a "patched" Elastix 2.0 beta,

as ever "go for it" but have a well considered and tested exit policy (read as "Oh-shit I screwed it all up! " ) ,

FreePBX is after all largely a simple php/html web thingy, that will mostly revert on a restore.

(FreePBX backup/restore is largely effective as a downgrade, if you remembered to do it), as ever I recommend mondoarchive for deeper F'ups.

dicko

Disaster

Im running elastix 1.6 and free pbx 2.7 at home and office no problems at all. Just I had to re configure the trunks and out bound routes.

garfield81

Dicko: Thanks for your reply and pointing out mondoarchive. I was looking for a similar solution.

Disaster: Did you have to reconfigure the trunks and outbound routes after upgrading for FreePBX 2.5?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen