FreePBX 2.6

Discussion in 'General' started by strongbow242, Nov 7, 2009.

1. strongbow242

Has anyone upgraded to FreePBX after installing Elastix 1.6? I have done FreePBX upgrades before with general success; however, I could not upgrade on Elastix 1.5.2 without some problems. Several FreePBX modules could not be upgraded or recovered. Now that I'm on Elastix 1.6 I'd like to get the new FreePbx features.

2. DaveD

Yes I have done the upgrade but be warned some modules break

You will need to manually remove the broken modules and re install them through freepbx admin updates

Remove the broken modules in /var/www/html/admin/modules

After the minor issues all works great

3. Patrick_elx

I'm running 2.6 for a few weeks now, without any problem.

Just make sure that if you also do a yum update to --exclude=freePBX.noarch as the elastix repo wants you to downgrade to 2.5 :angry:

4. strongbow242

Well I just updated to FreePBX 2.6. I am running the Elastix distro 1.6. The upgrade worked perfectly!!!! There were NO broken modules that had to be removed manually. This was great.

5. Karesz

I made the mistake of not excluding the freePBX module when doing yum update. It did downgrade. I could live with the downgrade but it actually destroyed both FreePBX and Elastix web interfaces. They keep complaining of missing DB fields. I guess the DB structure is different in 2.6 and this "downgrade" did not set the SQL DB back to what 2.5 expects.

I hope a 2.6 freePBX.noarch in the Elastix repo could fix it, but there does not seem to be any.

Does anyone know when Elastix includes the 2.6 in the repo?

Shall I wait or loose my setup and install the Elastix from scratch (wasting a day to set up all again)?

6. Patrick_elx

just go in freepbx an upgrade from the gui.

After, you will probably have to go to each freepbx tab and do a submit on each to make sure that all the parameters are correct in the database.

7. Karesz

Unfortunately the situation is a lot worse. The GUI cannot be started either for Elastix or FreePBX, see attached screenshot.
    [​IMG]

8. donhwyo

I would recommend if you deviate from the Elastix distro that you go into yum config files and add freepbx on the exclude line. Also anything like vtiger or whatever that you upgrade outside the distro. Then you don't have to remember to type the exclude line.

Don