Freepbx 2.5.1

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Jan 13, 2009.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi there

I just upgraded to freepbx 2.5.1 and my FOP panel lost my customized configuration. I was trying to change it back with the previous posts and it did not work. So I assume that freepbx changed a few files and there is a NEW WAY to customize.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

2. dicko

in /var/www/html/panel/op_buttons.cfg

you can now include files
    depending on your customizations, I suggest you keep them in a different file and edit the above to suit.

e.g. at the top
    ;include => op_buttons_additional.cfg
    include => op_buttons_mystuff.cfg

here I've dropped all the freepbx autogenerated stuff and just use my own.

freepbx upgrades will maybe overwrite the op_buttons.cfg but leave your cuustomizations alone, then it's easy to "go back"

3. telecomtechnician

Hi there

Thanks for your answer

I understand, but, what exactly should I put in these included files? only the position and size of buttons or much more information?
    At this moment I have the retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl file originated when I upgraded to freepbx 2.5.1. I compare it to the one that was before I upgraded and found out that few things changed and new things are added, so how do I proceed?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

4. wiseoldowl

Since we are on the topic, is it permissible (and would there be any bad side effects) to go to Unembedded FreePBX, Module Admin and use the FreePBX Upgrade Tool to bring FreePBX up to the latest version? I've been wanting to do that for weeks now but don't want to screw up anything in Elastix (I am not personally worried about Flash Operator Panel since we don't use that).

5. dicko

I gleaned all information from www.asternic.org,

basically because of the rather limited and vanilla output from retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl

ultimately I added a section to op_style.cfg (mystuff)

and call panel with
    https://69.54.163.236/panel/index_amp.p ... xt=mystuff

now I have eight columns of 27 buttons, and can see whole T1's and complete queues etc.
    (or the plain old freepbx version at ../panel)

true it's harder to keep up with changes but the end result is much mo better

6. dicko

Well, it's certainly permissible, it's your machine after all, I have no problem with this approach and do it with no errors or problems becoming apparent, FOP still works, the file links problems seem to have pretty well gone away, (couple of icons need relinking (or copying), but that's on the forums here). As ever "Caveat Implimentor" and good luck.

(should mention these all donje from 1.4-3, I tend to not mess with legacy setup's unless they are broke)