FreePBX 2.4 upgrade corrupts Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by grpprod, Apr 25, 2008.

1. grpprod

Hi,
    I use Elastix 1.0.

in Unembedded PBX, I was foolish enough to upgrade all modules (together with FreePBX itself) to version 2.4.

Unfortunately, now NONE of my internal extensions work!!!! My outbound routes work fine though.

Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>Post edited by: grpprod, at: 2008/04/24 19:36

2. CleveJ

Try deleting your extension and set it up again, this might fix it, otherwise is the sad old story, where you might have to do a fresh install. If you go down this path then install FreePBX 2.4 by downloading the tar.gz file, otherwise it still screw's things sideways again. I have never been able to successfully do a upgrade to date, so I do a fresh install. It is a bit of a process to do but once you have done it a few times it only takes about 10 mins, this method has given me a 100% sucess rate of a working system.<br><br>Post edited by: Stilllearning, at: 2008/04/25 10:46

3. chrisbryant

Thanks to roque.m's post (http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... =1&id=5665) the solution to this is actually VERY simple. All you need to do is edit your extensions.conf file to add in this text "(normdial)." Here are the steps:

1.) open this file (using nano or vi) /etc/asterisk.elastix/extensions.conf and go to this line (line #69 for me:)

exten => s,10,Dial(${ds}) ; dialparties will set the priority to 10 if $ds is not null

now change it to the following (just adding in "(normdial)" after the "s,10":)
    exten => s,10(normdial),Dial(${ds}) ; dialparties will set the priority to 10 if $ds is not null

2.) For me there are two separate extensions.conf files. The other one is at /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf I'm not sure which config file is used, so I edited both of them to be safe, you may also need to do the same edit that file as well.

3.) Restart Asterisk (run as root or use sudo:)
    /etc/init.d/asterisk restart

That's it, you should be finished and dialing between extensions should now work.

Can anyone from Elastix confirm why this is a problem and not included in the current version?

Thanks,
    Chris<br><br>Post edited by: chrisbryant, at: 2008/04/29 03:48

4. grpprod

Indeed, this fixes the problem. Thank you very much! B)

5. chrisbryant

It was mentioned in this linked post that the correct way to do this is to have some of the conf files symlinked in from another location:

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... =1&id=5665

Obviously this is something that Elastix should account for and handle itself, but it seems it doesn't at this time.

6. chrisbryant

-- EDIT --
    Deleted double post.<br><br>Post edited by: chrisbryant, at: 2008/05/13 05:32

7. vlad

Im had solved, with this:

Comment on extensions.conf on [macro-dial] :

Code:
    ;exten => s,10,Dial(${ds})                               ; dialparties will set the priority to 10 if $ds is not null
    ;exten => s,11,Set(DIALSTATUS=${IF($["${DIALSTATUS_CW}"!="" ]?${DIALSTATUS_CW}:${DIALSTATUS})})

and add...

Code:
    exten => s,n+2(normdial),Dial(${ds})                               ; dialparties will set the priority to 10 if $ds is not null
    exten => s,n,Set(DIALSTATUS=${IF($["${DIALSTATUS_CW}"!="" ]?${DIALSTATUS_CW}:${DIALSTATUS})})