FreePBX 2.4 - General Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by oneobserver, Jun 4, 2008.

1. oneobserver

I'm new to this distribution, so forgive me if I am rehashing old stuff. I have gone through the forums and found what the search locates related to upgrading to FreePBX version 2.4 and have made the normdial fix. It all appears to be working, except the new features don't show up in the Elastix interface. Can somebody point me at the area that needs to be changed to enable the new features? I would like to have the Blast Groups and a few of the other links working.

If this is something that needs to be coded in, how do I sign up to assist in the project?

Also, anybody else out there using 2.4 with Elastix that can give pros and cons of doing so?

Mark Holm AKA OneObserver
    www.infoarch.com

2. ramoncio

In order to use FreePBX 2.4 features, you must use the unembedded FreePBX.
    Elastix developers should be working with the integration.

3. oneobserver

OK, so I gave up waiting. CliveJ came up with a good update script for getting freePBX 2.4 working with the distribution and I posted a set of patches under the developer forum for getting the new options visible in the embedded page. Only outstanding item that I have found so far is that the batch extension loader doesn't work right now. Looking at that and will post another set of patches to the developer forum when I have that worked out. Can anybody tell me how to contribute these directly to the distribution?

markh

4. CleveJ

5. userfromca

ramoncio,

Was I not supposed to update? I went ahead and ran the module update all the way through latest freepbx on elastix 1.1. What did I break? The system seems to be working fine. Old freepbx had a bug where I could not dial out using custom extension to an external phone local Local/xxxxxxx option. The latest version fixed it. Please advise.

6. oneobserver

CliveJ,

I responded in the other forum.

7. oneobserver

I've been using an updated to 2.4 version on my test bench for a while now, and beyond the batch update not working, it all appears OK. Check out the thread that CliveJ mentioned above for the correct upgrade process.