FreePBX 2.3 in Elastix 8.5 HOW TO (solved)

xmx

After install Elastix 8.5 .....

yum -y update (this corrects the missing files issues)

coment extension=pcntl.so in /etc/php.d/pcntl.ini

;extension=pcntl.so

remove simlink "admin" in /var/www/html

rm /var/www/html/admin

move&rename pbxadmin to /var/www/html/admin

mv /var/www/html/modules/pbxadmin /var/www/html/admin

change the link value to admin/config.php and type to framed for pbxadmin (record 18) in menu.db, apply and save...

(you can use SQLite Database browser http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net )

or (thx, styelz) simply type:

cd /var/www/db

sqlite3 /var/www/db/menu.db "update menu set Link='admin/config.php', Type='framed' where id='pbxadmin';"

chage frame size for freePBX frame in elastix (/var/www/html/libs/js)

change the value 500 to 800 (works well with freePBX and FOP)

if(altura>=800) {

document.getElementById('myframe').height= 800;

download & install frepbx:

cd /usr/src/
wget http://mirror.freepbx.org/freepbx-2.3.0.tar.gz
tar zxvf freepbx-2.3.0.tar.gz
cd freepbx-2.3.0
./amportal start
./install_amp --force-version=2.2.2

Make a simlink named "pbxadmin" on /var/www/html/modules pointed to /var/www/html/admin

ln -s /var/www/html/admin /var/www/html/modules/pbxadmin

open elastix main page on web browser https://yourelastixserver

login, click on pbx and update modules...

;) enjoy...

Post edited by: xmx, at: 2007/09/16 20:13<br><br>Post edited by: xmx, at: 2007/09/16 20:22

styelz

Nice work!

I had a little trouble getting what you meant about changing menu.db, here is a very easy way to do it:

sqlite3 /var/www/db/menu.db "update menu set Link='admin/config.php', Type='framed' where id='pbxadmin';"

After updating modules I got a blank screen on FreePBX. I checked /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log and found

[Sun Sep 16 18:07:40 2007] [error] [client 192.168.2.5] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/var/www/html/modules/pbxadmin/extensions.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/admin/modules/blacklist/functions.inc.php on line 4

[Sun Sep 16 18:07:43 2007] [error] [client 192.168.2.5] PHP Warning: require(/var/www/html/modules/pbxadmin/extensions.class.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/blacklist/functions.inc.php on line 4
To fix this i did the following:

Hope that helps.

Post edited by: styelz, at: 2007/09/16 10:26<br><br>Post edited by: styelz, at: 2007/09/16 10:32

xmx

Thx, Styelz...

Yes...I forgot the simlink...:p

Also remember

when installing freePBX, answer "all" (a) when prompted to overwrite files....

and UPDATE ALL YOUR MODULES BEFORE CLICK ON THE ORANGE BAR...

lek

WOW!! Thanks a lot for your post xmx. We're working in integrate freepbx 2.3 in the interface. We hope to release this work in the 0.9 version.

accesip

Working perfectly
Thanks XMX
Brice

Telco

Be careful.. I did the upgrade and it broke everything. You could not even call ext to ext. When I first got it up and running it all seemed to work ok. you could see everything. all exts, recordings, ivr etc but nothing worked no ext to ext calling no vm etc... I tried deleting exts and recreating them but they did not work either. They would login but that was it.

out of desperation I tried a db restore. that was it... all the modules were gone. It won't even let me install them. I will have to reformat and reinstall the server.

That was my experience. I am going to do it again from the fresh install and build from scratch after the upgrade to see if it works then.

After fresh install, upgraded fine, reprogrammed database, BUT none of the phones will connect. Working on that issue now.

I checked for new module updates... found updates for almost all of them. I upgraded them and rebooted. Phones still not registering. hmmm

Finally fixed... after 5 reinstalls and even an attempt at trixbox (which does not compare to elastix) I finally figured it out. For some reason the ip addresses for the phones were being rejected by the server. After I changed the all the ip address for the phones it all started to work again. Go figure. I really like this version the best. Freepbx 2.3 is much much better (in my opinion)

Post edited by: Telco, at: 2007/10/06 01:35

Post edited by: Telco, at: 2007/10/06 01:46<br><br>Post edited by: Telco, at: 2007/10/06 07:27

moyses

Mi experience was the following:

Installed Trixbox 2.2.4 upgrade it to Freepbx 2.3 I upgraded every single module, created my extensions, groups, incoming, outgoing, etc.

I did a back up with Freepbx module.

Installed Elastix, yum -y update.

Upgraded Freepbx according to this document, then I restored my back from Trixbox and everything worked perfect until now!

Best Regards!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeljag_19