Forwarding call to queue

Discussion in 'General' started by Donny, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Donny

Hello guys,

I already searched the internet but didn't found really anything. I want the possibility to forward calls to a queue internally so the calls can be answered one by one without putting people on hold on the telephone.

Does anybody have an idea or solution to solve this?
    Thanks in advance,

Donny

2. jgibson

Are you talking about people who call in you want to have then go to a queue or internal calls to go to a queue?

3. Donny

The scenario is:

There is one outside phone number. This is linked to a phone with the reception. When someone is making a call from outside, the reception will take it up and will transfer calls when needed.

So you can transfer calls with the ip phones (linksys spa941) but when you do that, a second line is opening up if somenone is already calling. What they want is that calls are staying in a queue until the first line on the ip phone is available.

What i don't know is how to transfer a call into a queue (if this is possible).

4. Bob

Bob

Donny,

Still a little confused on what you are after, but a couple of things come to mind which might steer you in the right direction.

1) Queues when setup have a number setup. E.g. the first Queue is setup is (at a guess) 600, and the next 601 (it is up the top when you create it in Unembedded Freepbx/PBX GUI. This number like ring groups and similar can be used just like an extension. So if you want to transfer a call to the queue, just transfer to 600. This needs to be a Blind Transfer, so on the linksys, you would do the following key strokes

XFER 600# XFER XFER

2) If your linksys is taking another call, it sounds like you have call waiting turned on (under Freepbx Extension settings) . Turn it off if you want the phone to only accept calls when the person is not on the phone....

As I said, not sure if this is what you are after, but hope it helps...

Regards

Bob

5. Donny

Bob, your a magicman :)

I configured a queue to a single agent and transfered a call to the queue number with a # behind it and it worked instantly.

Searched like 5 hours yesterday. Now, fixed in 10 minutes. Thnx for your help.

Greetz,

6. Bob

Bob

Donny,

Glad it helped...thanks for the feedback

Regards
    Bob

7. rafael

don't forget to add 1 to bobs karma ;)