Forward VOIP DID call to mobile phone using ATA

Discussion in 'General' started by gseiber, Sep 25, 2009.

1. gseiber

Ok, here it goes.

I want to forward a VOIP DID caller to a mobile telephone using a land line thats connected to a Linksys SPA3102-NA, ATA.

In theory I would like to forward three different DID numbers to three different mobile telephones.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm a newbie and would appreciate any guidance in this matter.

2. dwells

Anything is possible...

This all depends on your setup and call handling.
    I'm going to assume that you want a toll free/local DID number to be transparently calling a mobile number (as an example)

I might try something like this:
    VSP DID --> Inbound Route to Local "AUTOFORWARD" Exten (lets say that extension is 200)

FOLLOWME settings for 200 to call the mobile number (answer right away, no delays just start calling the mobile list, don't even include the local extensions, just mobile)for North America calling 1XXXXXXXXXX# <-- note the Pound/Hash sign...very important.

do this for all your mobile phones numbers (201, 202 and so on), for seperate phones.
    Follow me is kinda powerful, you can have one number, forward to all cell phones one at a time, based on ring intervals, or all at once(RING STRATAGIES). (1 DID to 3 Mobile Phones in priority)

If you don't like follow-me, try unconditional forwarding (*72) from that extension, and enter the cell phone number. Both methods will follow your outbound dial plans.

Since you are using an ATA, I assume you have that setup already to make outbound calls via a trunk to it, and your dial plans are set to appropriatly use this trunk for outbound patterns such as this.

Note if all three DID's are called concurrently, 2 will get a congestion signal as the phone line would be in use.

I hope that helps...
    -dwellsy