Forward to IVR

telecomtechnician

Hi there

I need to forward an extension to an IVR, how do I do that?

In others words, I have an fxo gateway that by default sends the incoming calls to extension 100, if that extension is not available or busy, how do I forward that extension to an IVR?

My IVR is already created, but I do not know how to do this in elastix.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

MageMinds

Create a ring group where you put only the extension 100, you will see at the end of the ring group configuration you have alternate destination on "No Answer" you simply choose your IVR and in your Inbound routes you send the call to you ring group instead of directly to your extension 100.

telecomtechnician

Hi there, thanks for answering. Your idea is good, but I have a question, if any or all of the extensions in the ring group are not available (not registered)and if you call them, the forward to the IVR still should work, yes or no? because at this moment it is not working. But when I dial the ring group number it is getting forward to the IVR.

Waitng for your comments
David Medina

MageMinds

What you explain is the normal operation of the feature...

So, no when you call the extension you won't be forwarded to the IVR, the only option you have about extensions are to forward to voice mail on busy and no answer ...

Do you really want your other extensions calling the extension 100 to get into the IVR if they don't get an answer?

If so, then, I would suggest to change the extension number of the actual 100 to something else like 321 then create a ring group number 100 that ring that extension number...

100 become 321
ring group 100 include ext. 321

That way when your users call what they think is extension 100 they actually are calling a ring group and they will get into the IVR if they don't receive an answer.

If you wonder what happen when the phone in the ring group aren't registered, then you get directly send to the specified destination regardless of the ring time you choose.

telecomtechnician

My situation is exactly the following:

I have a grandstream fxo gateway. There is an unconditional forward of all FXO channels that must go to a userid, in my case I put it to ext 100 that is the operator, but when the extension is not available (not registered), the incoming calls should go to the IVR, that is why I asked the question of forwarding extension 100 to the IVR. Any way I will follow your suggestion of creating another extension.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

MageMinds

The grandstream FXO send all call to ext 100, then change the config in the grandstream to send it to the ring group?

But the changing ext trick will work, you'll only have to change the config of the phone though.

telecomtechnician

Forward to IVR (solved)

Hi there

Thank you for your idea, at the end it worked, I created an extension that has no register on it but previously I put an unconditional forward to the ringing group.

David Medina

striderec

Re:Forward to IVR (solved)

Hi!

i have the same problem you had and i am using the same FXO Gateway (GrandStream) but in my case, I defined the ringroup 601 with the extension 7300, I edited the unconditional forward in my GrandStream to forward the call to extension 601 (the ring group) but I get no results.

What could be wrong? I believe I need to set an inbound route for this case, right? If so, how did you set it up? I've tried to configure it but it's not jumping to the ring group.

Best Regards,

Paul

telecomtechnician

Re:Forward to IVR (solved)

Hi there

Create a 3 digit extension XXX and create a ring group YYY where the calls are going to ring an be answered or send the call to an IVR. Register the XXX extension and activate an unavailable call forward to the ring group YYY. In the grandstream gateway configure the unconditional forward of FXO trunks to the extension XXX. The extension XXX once it is forwarded it should not be a working extension (the purpose of this extension is only to forward the incoming call).

When a call comes in, it should go to the extension XXX, BUT because this extension is not registered BUT it is forward to a ring group, the call should end in the ring group and then be answered or directed to an IVR.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi