Forward an extension to voip line

Discussion in 'General' started by jang, Aug 26, 2010.

1. jang

Hello. We have sales on the field that frequently need to call international numbers. They are assigned cellphones, but only for local call.

How do you set up elastix in such a way that they call to office, and dial an extension, and that extension will use voip to call international number?

Thanks in advance.

2. kiemosan

I'd look at setting up the DISA (Direct Inward System Access) feature and assign a DID via an incoming route you have setup. Its very easy to setup because I'm new to Elastix and I've managed to do it!!

Then your users can dial in locally, enter a pin and get a dial tone to the VOIP system or call internal extensions.

DISA can be found on the PBX menu under the Remote Access section.

Hope this helps.

John

3. jang

kiemosan, thank you for your reply. That has been helpful. Although I will take the question further. I'm afraid this will be prone to abuse. So my next questions are:

1. Is there a way to log the caller who used the system?
    2. Is there a way to restrict the number they are calling? e.g. pre-defined international number?

Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

4. kiemosan

In answer to 1, all calls are logged so you can review this. Just look at the reports tab.

In answer to 2, I am not sure about this one as I am still learning Elastix myself. Maybe someone else could help here?

5. dicko

kiemosan has it basically right.

You can improve the strictures you impose however, the incoming route can be specific to both DID and CID, either of these can be further specific to either unique or wild-card patterns (similar to simple regular expressions).

Start with "Elastix Without Tears" and add http://www.freepbx.org/forums and http://voip-info.org to your research.

When you get the hang of it add the FreePBX "custom-contexts" third-party add-on and you will be sailing.

dicko

6. jang

guys, thanks for your help.