Forward all incoming calls to a specific IP Extension

Hi,

On a certain day, all employees are required to attend a retreat so nobody in the office is left for receiving incoming calls. How do I forward incoming calls to a specific extension? Each IP extension has it's own pre-configured Incoming route so callers from outside can directly reach each of our IP extension.

This extension is located in another location and is reachable via our inter-office VPN link.

Regards,

Dudoy

AJP

Staff member
Hi,

On a certain day, all employees are required to attend a retreat so nobody in the office is left for receiving incoming calls. How do I forward incoming calls to a specific extension? Each IP extension has it's own pre-configured Incoming route so callers from outside can directly reach each of our IP extension.

This extension is located in another location and is reachable via our inter-office VPN link.

Regards,

Dudoy
Hi Dudoy,

Each extension can have a set of call forwarding rules that define what the Phone System should do when the extension user is unable to take an incoming call. This can be configured based on:
  • The user’s status.
  • The time.
  • The caller ID.
  • Whether the call is an internal or external call.
Each status requires a call forwarding rule. For example, if the user is unable to take a call whilst their status is “Available”, you can forward the call to voicemail, whilst if the status is set to “Out of Office” you could forward it to their mobile.

Call forwarding can be configured by the administrator using the PBX Management Console or by the user from the 3CXPhone client. Instructions on how to configure call forwarding for an extension can be found here:

https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/forwarding/

https://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user-manual/forwarding-rules/

https://www.3cx.com/blog/myphone/forwarding-rules-2/

Best regards!

Thanks for the prompt reply AJP.

From what you mentioned, I suppose theirs no general rule to forward all calls to another IP extension? I have to manually configure 208 IP extensions manually.

AJP

Staff member
Thanks for the prompt reply AJP.

From what you mentioned, I suppose theirs no general rule to forward all calls to another IP extension? I have to manually configure 208 IP extensions manually.
You can forward the calls to another extension, if you go to the Dashboard --- Extension --- edit the extension ---- forwarding rules ---- depending the status of this particular extension you can forward the call to another extension in your PBX.

As you mentioned "Each IP extension has it's own pre-configured Incoming route so callers from outside can directly reach each of our IP extension" then you can establish the forwarding rule on each extension depending the status.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114