Forget the Root password .......... How do i

Discussion in 'General' started by rexma, Jun 26, 2009.

1. rexma

Hello,

I am sure I type 1234 as root password , i am not good at linux , when i type root and pw 1234. It is not accepting , If there is any way to reset the password.

1. Elastix web password working
    2. Free pbx working

Please help me

Rexma

2. dicko

Well welcome to linux, whilst I am sure you thought you entered 1234 as your password, you didn't, twice.

So to reset it:

As you boot, press the escape key, choose to edit the kernel arguments and append

single

you will eventually get a "bash prompt", enter

passwd

follow the questions, ( but this time write down your answers, Twice :) )

then just

reboot

edit:

As an afterthought, are you aware that linux is case sensitive, both to user names and passwords, root is NOT the same as ROOT or Root

3. rexma

thank you so much, When i said linux , it is elastix only. I did not install centos and elastix separately. I install only onece. so please explain when i will press excape.

4. dicko

rexma:

don't panic!

Elastix (iso) is actually Elastix sitting on top of FreePBX sitting on top of Asterisk, sitting on top of Centos (which is linux), you did it all already!

Press escape just once at the first recognisable text line on your screen (while it counts down) (it will say something like "to modify grub press ESC" )

5. rafael

6. raj

raj

Rafael Sir, how about moving this thread to right place? may be in Help Category? so it could help others when they look Under Help Topics and once the poster of the questions responds when his problem gets fixed, Mark that Thread with SOLVED?

Just my thoughts to better organize the forum.

7. rafael

raj, sorry for the delay in this answer, i have not been connected as normal. Actually we want to update the forums to a better software. We need help from the community for this migration. The plan A would be to migrate to phpbb3 from fireboard (what we use now)

Regards,

Rafael