Forcing prepended message "from" announcement

Discussion in 'General' started by chris111, Mar 25, 2011.

1. chris111

Hey guys and gals,

Having hard time explaining this so bare with me. I have a client that thinks that they are getting delayed messages in their voice mail. This is Elastix 1.6 running asterisk 1.4.36

Example: I am waiting for a message today from a client. Client leaves a message in a wrong mailbox, one that is not being checked regularly. Couple of days from now, someone notices this message and listens to it and forwards to correct mailbox. Is there a way to force a prepend to a message to say "forwarded/copied from mailbox xxx.

Reason for this, users getting messages from few days ago and think it is a new message that was delayed.

Thanks in advance.

2. dicko

3. chris111

Dicko,

I appreciate your fast response. The problem is they want this done automatically just like their "old" phone system. It will say "message was sent from xxx mailbox" and then new message will play. I already told them to prepend with comment but they think it is too much work. :(

4. fmvillares

yeap it could be done but with a manual programmed function not by elastix OOTB

5. dicko

Unfortunately, Comedian mail is not directly part of Asterisk, it is an included functionality.

The solution I offered should identify the sender even after a forward, did you try it?

But it is all open source, if it doesn't suit your legacy users, you are perfectly welcome to add function, but I doubt that you can do that within Asterisk/FreePBX/Elastix.

6. chris111

It will identify the original sender with original time stamp of when message was received. I was hoping for an announcement who copied/forwarded this message. thanks for your input guys, they will have to live with this and conform to new ways.

7. dicko

If they they don't care to pre-pend a message they could perhaps employ an "Ernestine" instead to do it for them :)

Just tell them this is "not their old phone system", it's just different.