Force Caller ID to send from trunk to extensions

Discussion in 'General' started by midiabyte, Sep 4, 2009.

1. midiabyte

Hi, excuse my poor english!

I need all the incoming calls from trunk X, sent to the extensions, the specific caller ID

How?

The problem is the following: My client has 3 trunks and 10 extensions in Hunt Group. However, each attendant needs to observe the display of the IP phone, and answer the call of a specific form for each trunk.

For example:

For the incoming trunk X, says: "Embratel, good morning!"

For incoming calls by trunk Y, says, "Telefonica, good morning

For incoming calls to the trunk W, says: "InstalaTech, Good morning!"

Thanks;
    Fernando

2. dicko

There is a field "CID name prefix" which has the help text "You can optionally prefix the Caller ID name. ie: If you prefix with "Sales:", a call from John Doe would display as "Sales:John Doe" on the extensions that ring." when you hover over it.
    Maybe that is all you want.

3. midiabyte

dicko, Yes! But Not! rsrsrs

The problem is that this field only works to define routes incoming.

However I can not have 3 routes incoming equal. Without defining a specific DID or CID

Is there any way I can create a different incoming route for each trunk, without defining DID or CID?

Thanks

4. dicko

No, but you can define pseudo DID's If they are DAHDI/ZAPTEL trunks, search for from-zaptel on these fora for the recipe (or read "Elastix Without Tears")

5. midiabyte

dicko, All trunks are SIP. What is the magic to solve this?

Thank's

6. dicko

You say you have three trunks, are these trunks not associated with different DID's? , in other words do all your clients dial the same number to get to your system?

7. midiabyte

dicko, Consider the following:

We have 3 SIP trunks each with an external number (PSTN), where:

We have 10 extensions that play in sequence (Hunt group)

When the client connects to the trunk 1 system should delete the Caller ID of the client (sent by carrier) and send 2100

When the client connects to the trunk 2 system should delete the Caller ID of the client (sent by the operator) and send 1500

When the client connects to the trunk 3 system should delete the Caller ID of the client (sent by carrier) and send 9909

None of the three trunk is associated with any DID or CID, because we can not know the number from each call.

All SIP trunks, they send in their headers, the phone's caller ID and route SIP 901@200.152.XXX.XXX

8. dicko

If the provider does not identify the DID directly on the SIP invite, you will need to explore alternative measures to extract the original number called from the SIP headers, then you are in a position to set up your inbound routes with the newly derived information and add your Embratel:, InstalaTech:, (or numeric 2100: if you care) CID prefix.

You will then have your agents knowledgeable about the original number called without throwing away valuable information (the CID)

maybe start here if that is the case:

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 3048#33074

9. jgutierrez

Re:Force Caller ID to send from trunk to extensio

Maybe this may help you:

1. Create a queue for each sip trunk
    2. Record a message to be played to each agent when he answers the call (announcement)
    3. On the sip trunk configuration, send it to a custom context
    4. Write the custom context, and send it to queue #1, do the same with sip trunk #2 and send it to queue #2, and so on...

This way, when your agents answer a call from any trunk, they will know how they should answer the call (business #1, business #2, etc...)

10. midiabyte

jgutierrez, His idea is very interesting! I realized that each agent will hear the information concerning the origin of the call. That?

Ie. Joining the call by the trunk 1, the agent will listen "Embratel Customer", entering the call by the trunk 2, the agent will listen "Customer Telefonica, and so on.

The only question is that I do not have much experience with Asterisk, and I do not know how to write the settings. You can write me an example, stating in which file do I enter?

Thank's

11. jgutierrez

Ok,
    1. On the sip trunk configuration web interface, you have already used the flag "context", set it to trunk1
    context=business1
    2. I suppose that you have already have a queue, lets say 800 (queue's number), and that you have already uploaded the announcement for your agents
    3. Edit /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf
    4. At the end of the file you will need to write something like:
    Code:
    [business1]
    exten => s,1,Answer
    exten => s,n,Goto(ext-queues,800,1)
    exten => s,n,Hangup

As you said that you receive no DID, you are receiving "s"
    5. Save the changes and exit the file
    6. Execute from the shell:
    asterisk -rx "reload"

Try it with one queue, and then do the same for the other queues (create a context, and send it to the corresponding queue)