For the newbie and the expert

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Nov 5, 2009.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi all, I have the following request:

1) I have an analog PBX with analog extensions.
    2) I have an elastix Voip Server with analog FXO trunks.

The elastix Server will be installed as a Voicemail System behind the pbx, the analog extensions will be connected as trunks to the elastix Server.
    This type of installation I have done it before, but the only thing I have not been able to do is a trunk to trunk supervised transfer. I have done an unsupervised transfer and it works great. For the ones who do not know, I explain the differences of both transfers:

Unsupervised transfer: The voicemail system answers an incoming call, when it has to transfer, it will flash the trunk, puts the first call on hold and receives a second dial tone, and then do the dialing of the second call. Once it is done, the voicemail hangs up and the call is transferred. It does not wait if the second call answers the call.

Supervised transfer: The voicemail system answers an incoming call, when it has to transfer, it will flash the trunk, puts the first call on hold and receives a second dial tone, and then do the dialing of the second call. Once it is done, the voicemail can do two things:
    a) Waits an amount of time for an answer, if the second call is answered, it releases the call and it hangs up.
    b) Waits an amount of time for an answer, if the second call is not answered, it hangs up the second call and gets back to the first call and invites to leave a message in the voicemail.

I would appreciate the help and comments of the community.

David Medina

2. dicko

FWIW:

a (modified) snippet from a similar setup I use to transfer back into a mitel PBX.

[custom-mitel]
    exten => _X.,1, playback(pls-wait-connect-call)
    exten => _X.,n,flash()
    exten => _X.,n,Dial(ZAP/g0/${EXTEN},20,G(custom_mitel^${EXTEN}^answered))
    exten => _X.,answered,flash() ; called party goes here
    exten => _X.,answered,wait(5) ; caller goes here
    exten => _X.,answered,hangup

The call will be bridged by the PBX and will go to vm if not answered, let the PBX do the work

I found I had to "tune" the flash length as many PBX's have two flashes , a short one often called PBX flash, and a long one sometimes "Centrex" flash and depending on how your PBX handles flashing on an external trunk you might need to match the flash length to suit. (in my case in zapata.conf I have flash=500 ; milliseconds)