FOP2 and updating agents name ito extensions

Discussion in 'General' started by karlfp, Nov 9, 2009.

1. karlfp

Hi all, wondering if this is the correct place to post..? I'm using the call centre module and have upgraded to FOP2. It's all working really well and doing what we/I need. One thing that has been asked of me, is it possible to update fop2 display when an agent logs in and out, so as the agents name is shown in the extension button as well as the extension number. Or only the agents name for that matter.. At the moment, the extension button is only showing the static extension, and there's no easy way to determine which agent is logged onto which phone extension. Any ideas anybody? Thanks Karl

2. asternic

Hello, I am not familiar with the call center module. How does a "show queues" looks like in your setup? FOP2 is able to change the name of the buttons depending on a number of factors. In a regular FreePBX setup it will rename the button label when the agent is logged in to certain extension.

3. karlfp

Hi again,

At the moment, I'm using FOP2 as static, meaning I'm not using the buttons script etc. This might have something to do with it. The "Call Center" module is a plug in that allows for inbound and outbound call centers type of thing. I'm using it for a service desk for our organization with inbound queues and agents.

The Queue buttons are showing the extension number, and no relevance to the agent. The label is the same as the extension, so I'm being shown the extension and label together. So it would show Ext 3001 and label 3001, but I would have agent 8090 signed in using that extension.

What's been requested of me is to allow the Q manager to look at the panel and see what agent is logged into which extension.
    Thanks

4. karlfp

Any ideas anybody? It would be nice to see which agent is logged into which extension.