FOP VERSION 2

victorcasale

Dear Friends,

Have you ever seen http://www.fop2.com/documentation-installation-0.php

It's about the 2nd version of FOP. Have someone already installed on elastix? How is it working? Any tip to install?

I'm really planning on installing here. I'm still running a test, but Elastix certainly will be my official Oficce PBX from July,1st on.

asternic

Hi Victor,

I am FOP developer. Have you tried fop2? I am obviously biased so I do not want to give my opinion, buy any feedback is appreciated.

FOP2 works right out of the box with Elastix and some other freepbx based distros, providing that you change the default port for FOP1 or just disable it (because both versions share port 4445 for its protocol).

Best regards,

Bob

Nicolas (I am assuming that it is Nicolas),

Thanks for the update on FOP, I keep a very keen eye out for these type of products and I hadn't seen the release of FOP2.

So far from the reading and screenshots it looks well worth looking at, and in fact will test tonight and implement for a client shortly (immediate need), especially the ability to look at two or more Elastix boxes (well done on that feature) and the costs are reasonable.

Just so that your message is not seen as SPAM, there is a cost past 15 buttons which is $40 for anyone reading this, but based on first impressions (reading the Website), it is a welcome & substantial upgrade to the FOP1 and as I said, $40 is nothing if you are going to use a product like this.

Good to see you on these forums.

Victor, also thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Regards
Bob

asternic

Hi Bob,

Yes I am Nicolás! Thanks for the welcome and my apologies as my intention is not to spam the forum.

As you said, fop2 is not open source and if you need more than 15 buttons you have to purchase a license to unlock the limit. Maybe if users want to discuss or give feedback about fop2 it would be better to use the forums at fop2 site.

Just for everyone to know, FOP 1 is not abandoned. Version 0.30 was released a few days ago with preliminary support for Asterisk 1.6. I will continue providing bug fixes and compatibility updates for FOP 1.

Best regards,

--
Nicolás

victorcasale

Dear Friends, thank you...
I tryed to install FOP2 like they mentioned on the web-site, but did not get success. As I'm new on linux and asterisk/elastix, I really would like to know if could some expert give me help on installing it.

asternic

Hi Victor,

Please come to http://www.fop2.com as you might find me online for live chat.

I can help you with the install if you give more details about the problems you had.

Best regards,

donhwyo

FOP2 works right out of the box with Elastix and some other freepbx based distros, providing that you change the default port for FOP1 or just disable it (because both versions share port 4445 for its protocol).
Any body know how to change the port fop1 is listening on?

Thanks,
Don

dicko

Don:

/var/www/html/panel/op_server.cfg

Bob

Megabyte

Bob i want to talk to you about the tutorials an some solutions, how i can contact you?

I need some information i was talking to rafael Bonifaz too.

Bob

Alfio,

I have sent you an email

Regards

Bob

donhwyo

Nice tutorial. You could save a couple of steps by using
Code:
manager_user=admin
manager_secret=elastix456
Then you don't need to create the new user.

It's also nice since the old version still works too.

Thanks,
Don

Bob

donhwyo,

Thanks for your kind words.

Agreed, I could have used the standard admin user, but I find it useful keeping the manager users separate. That way, if I try experimenting with changes the manager setups for an application (like FOP2), I know that I am not changing/upsetting basic functionality of the standard admin user, which may affect several applications.

Likewise, if someone goes in and changes the standard admin user, e.g. password (hardening system security), it will not break other applications.

You might say that you remember what is using each manager login/password, but I have seen it many times, where a system a year later, someone forgets what they used, or someone else takes over the system, and has no knowledge of what applications are using the login/password.

Hope this explains...

Bob

Chilling_Silence

Nice guide bob, just came across it now :)

Have been using FOP2 for a few installs, so far the feedback has been great!

Bob

Thanks Chilling_Silence.

Just about to add to it, which includes setup of the address database, and also multi-server setup, as well as a few other things.

I have so many tutorials and diagnostic info written, but getting it onto the website is hard at the moment (all done under OneNote).

As soon as I get the Elastixconnection running with new format, will make it a bit easier...

Looking forward also to the integrated Operator Panel which Elastix is building into the system.

But likewise, every client that now has FOP2, has been impressed by it and oddly enough it has been a nice little diagnostic tool for the client (found a couple of (soft) extensions dropping on and off during the day which answered a couple of minor issues).

Regards

Bob

Chilling_Silence

Aaah, sorry, just saw this reply after posting something in the Tips & Tricks section of the forums here.

Yeah agreed, it's become quite valuable, we saw that QuteCom wasn't hanging up Video calls correctly and it was killing the system. Turns out its QuteComs fault, we've not had those issues with Ekiga, which incidentally seems to offer better quality video anyway ;)

Site looks cool, very useful tutorials, keep it up, would love to see more :D

jgibson

Bob

I followed your setup to install fop2. After I run the /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test command I get no valid license and the connection to manager OK. However, in between those two line I get ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.queues_config' doesn't exist. I have not been able to find any reference to this file. Any ideas?

Jason

Bob

Jason,

Are you running Freepbx 2.6???

Regards

Bob

jgibson

Bob,

No I am still running 2.4. Am I in need of an update?

Jason

Bob

Jason,

Are you on Elastix 1.3-2??

Regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members